Senior Software Developer - Grade VII
|The Senior Software Developer is based in Tusla, Heuston South Quarter, Dublin 8.||Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 02/09/2019||Recruitment start: 08/08/2019|
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for improving wellbeing and outcomes for children. It represents the most comprehensive reform of services for the development, welfare and protection of children and the support of families ever undertaken in Ireland. It is an ambitious move which brings together some 4,000 staff who were previously employed within Children and Family Services of the Health Service Executive, the National Educational Welfare Board and the Family Support Agency.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
- Child Welfare and Protection Services, including family support services
- Family Resource Centres and associated national programmes
- Early years (pre-school) Inspection Services
- Educational Welfare responsibilities including School completion programmes and Home School Liaison
- Domestic, sexual and gender based violence services
- Services related to the psychological welfare of children
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
About Tulsa ICT
Tusla has one of the largest ICT networks (managed by the HSE) in the Public Service with almost 4,500 users in over 400 locations. Tulsa ICT provide the innovation and systems required to support Tusla in delivering its services and achieving its business and strategic objectives.
The ICT team are responsible for delivering the following core expanded functions:
- Applications: Implementation of an application solution architecture and software development capability within the ICT unit to develop innovative applications that support the work of Tusla and assist staff in maximising the use of technology to work efficiently and effectively.
- Infrastructure: The infrastructure team provide the resources and capability required to ensure Tusla develops and maintains a technical infrastructure that is secure, highly available and fit for use.
- Data: The Data team provide data management and analytics capabilities that support Tusla in obtaining the data analytics and visualisation required for evidence-based planning, policy development and programme evaluation as well as gaining administration efficiencies by implementing data management best practice across the organisation.
- Service Delivery: Expansion of capabilities to become self-sufficient in the delivery of ICT services based on ICT service best practice (ITIL) and establishment of a quality driven service delivery function providing users with the ICT devices, systems and support they require to efficiently perform their role.
- Service Strategy and Design: Implementation of a function within ICT responsible for Strategy Management, Business Relationship Management, Service Portfolio Management, Financial Management, Service Catalogue Management, Risk Management, Information Security Management, Service Continuity Management and Compliance Management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The role requires an experienced applications developer with a strong technical skillset in .Net, MVC, SQL Server, Web UI and API development.
- Design, development and maintenance of web application solutions using Microsoft .Net technology stack.
- Developing API solutions to support the integration of Tusla’s systems with systems used by our partner organizations.
- Configuring forms, rules and workflows for Tulsa’s Microsoft Dynamics CRM and SharePoint systems.
- Contribute to researching emerging software development related technologies and progress innovation.
Relationship Management and Collaboration
- Work as part of an agile software development team in delivering web applications, APIs, mobile and other solutions being developed by Tusla ICT
- Work in collaboration with the ICT Service Delivery team as required to support data related tier 3 issues, incident management and problem management.
- If applicable, to train, supervise and evaluate staff in their respective roles on the data team.
- If applicable, ensuring that the appropriate performance management frameworks are implemented for any assigned staff.
Health & Safety
- Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Please refer to the Candidate Information pack attached to this campaign for full and further detail.
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
- Candidates must be in direct employment with Tusla – Child and Family Agency, the HSE or within other statutory health agencies, or a body which provides services on behalf of the HSE under Section 38/39 of the Health Act 2004 or within a body that provides services on behalf of Tusla under Section 56 or Section 59 of the Child and Family Act 2013.
- Have at least 2 years’ administrative experience in a designated office within the services mentioned above.
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a .Net web applications development with expertise in MVC and entity frameworks
- The requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability and professional ability) for the proper discharge of the duties of the office.
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good character
Age restrictions shall only apply to a candidate where he/she is not classified as a new entrant within the meaning of the Public Services Superannuation Act, 2004). A candidate who is not classified as a new entrant must be under 65 years of age.
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application