Grade V, Personal Assistant - Brunel Building, Dublin 8.
|Corporate Office - Brunel Building, Heuston South Quarter, Dublin 8 A panel may be formed from which current and future Grade V Personal Assistant vacancies within Tusla, Corporate Office, Brunel Building may be filled. Current Vacancy PA to Director of Educational Welfare Services||Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 02/09/2019||Recruitment start: 08/08/2019|
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for improving wellbeing and outcomes for children. It represents the most comprehensive reform of services for the development, welfare and protection of children and the support of families ever undertaken in Ireland. It is an ambitious move which brings together some 4,000 staff who were previously employed within Children and Family Services of the Health Service Executive, the National Educational Welfare Board and the Family Support Agency.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
- Child Welfare and Protection Services, including family support services
- Family Resource Centres and associated national programmes
- Early years (pre-school) Inspection Services
- Educational Welfare responsibilities including School completion programmes and Home School Liaison
- Domestic, sexual and gender based violence services
- Services related to the psychological welfare of children
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
Purpose of post:
The successful candidate will:
- Establish a consistent, coherent and managed approach to tracking oversight reports including recommendations from bodies such as the Oireachtas, Ombudsman for Children, and others, and internal audit and monitoring. The approach will include the management of reports and recommendations and ensuring timely responses.
- Support the Service Director, National Managers and the Business Manager and their staff in the development and preparation of annual business plans and service plans, monitoring and tracking of same, and incumbent on-going reporting requirements.
- Support the implementation of statutory requirements, national standards and Tusla policies procedures and guidance in relation to external oversight bodies.
- Assist in the development and delivery of tracking of performance and recommendations and outcomes as outlined in the Tusla Corporate Plan 2018 -2020.
- Support the relevant information management systems.
- To efficiently and effectively deliver full administrative day-to-day support to the office of the Director.
- To manage the Directors diary, meeting requests, associated briefing material, issue of correspondence/circulars.
- Effectively co-ordinate responses to all general enquiries received
- Organise teleconferences and multimedia meetings
- To organise meeting/event venues (internal and external)
- To record and take minutes at meetings, where required
- Support the preparation and issuing of office documentation (correspondence, reports etc.) to the highest possible standard
- Ensure deadlines are met and that service levels are maintained
- To prepare weekly time returns
- Use appropriate technology to ensure work completed to a high standard
- To maintain an effective filing system and ensure that archives and records are accurate and readily available
- To support financial processes
- Maintain confidentiality of information, documentation, records etc.
- Ensure consistent adherence to procedures within area of responsibility
- Collection and management of required data and metrics, where required.
- Carry out any other tasks as directed by the Line Manager
- Maintain own knowledge of relevant procedures, practices and legislation to perform the role effectively and to ensure standards
- Liaise appropriately with and assist other Tusla directorates in relation to tracking and oversight requirements.
- Manage Garda Vetting of staff as applicable.
- Manage archiving of historical files.
- Manage the allocation and issuing of warrant cards for staff as applicable.
- Manage staff where required.
General administrative duties:
- Support the monitoring and control of resources in accordance with Tusla’s Financial Regulations.
- Ensure appropriate records are maintained as required.
- Promote good working practices and uniformity of standards.
- Work within the parameters of all relevant legislation and internal Tusla policies, procedures and guidance.
- Establish and maintain strong and positive communication with other Tusla directorates and stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain links between Tusla and other agencies to support service delivery and learning in service user experience matters.
- Represent line manager when requested.
- Promote and participate in the implementation of any change management programme.
- Contribute to the maintenance of a safe working environment in line with health and safety legislation.
Education and Training
- To maintain continuous personal development and participate in team based development, education, training and learning
- To complete all mandatory training
- Where appropriate, arrange for the induction and training for assigned staff, as required to maximise skill resources, (to include workplace experience placements where applicable)
- Where appropriate, provide supervision and assist in the development of knowledge, skills of relevant staff under your supervision
- To participate in performance evaluation / review, identifying areas for improvement and appropriate plans / measures to achieve them
- To ensure policies and procedures exist for all areas
Health & Safety
- Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service and associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- Support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Please refer to the Candidate Information pack attached to this campaign for full and further detail.
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
- Be currently in direct employment with Tusla – Child and Family Agency, the HSE or within other statutory health agencies, or a body which provides services on behalf of the HSE under Section 38/39 of the Health Act 2004 or within a body that provides services on behalf of Tusla under Section 56 or Section 59 of the Child and Family Act 2013 with at least two years administrative experience in a designated office within the services.
- Have at least two years administrative experience in a designated office within the services as mentioned above.
- Strong IT skills particularly in Microsoft Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel and Word
- Experience in minute taking and report writing.
- Proven experience working towards set deadlines in a dynamic and busy office environment and possess sufficient administrative capacity to discharge the functions of the grade/post.
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good character
Age restrictions shall only apply to a candidate where he/she is not classified as a new entrant within the meaning of the Public Services Superannuation Act, 2004). A candidate who is not classified as a new entrant must be under 65 years of age.
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application