Finance Officer — Grade V *Updated Eligibility & Closing Date**
|1st Floor Trinity Building, IDA Business Park , Southern Cross Bray, Co. Wicklow|
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 20/09/2019||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 22/08/2019|
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for improving wellbeing and outcomes for children. It represents the most comprehensive reform of services for the development, welfare and protection of children and the support of families ever undertaken in Ireland. It is an ambitious move which brings together some 4,000 staff who were previously employed within Children and Family Services of the Health Service Executive, the National Educational Welfare Board and the Family Support Agency.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
- Child Welfare and Protection Services, including family support services
- Family Resource Centres and associated national programmes
- Early years (pre-school) Inspection Services
- Educational Welfare responsibilities including School completion programmes and Home School Liaison
- Domestic, sexual and gender based violence services
- Services related to the psychological welfare of children
- Adoption & Alternative Care
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
Purpose of Role:
To carry out the functions of Grade V Officer within the Regional Finance environment. The post will be based wholly in Southern Cross, Bray Co. Wicklow.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Financial Administration/ Operational
- Analysis of month end non pay expenditure, including review of accruals and prepayments and monthly trend analysis.
- Preparation of monthly recoding journals.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly accrual expenditure reports for presentation to Regional Finance Manager
- Co-ordination and administration of DNE Procurement Card Database/preparation of monthly journals
- Maintain good communication with all stakeholders involved in procurement card process to ensure service levels are maintained and all amendment requests are dealt with promptly and efficiently.
- Assist Finance Team in all aspects of the administration of their duties to ensure compliance with Financial Regulations and Prompt Payment legislation and co-operation with C&AG and Internal Audit.
- Review and prepare a monthly report for Travel & Subsistence claims by Area.
- Provide cover as required within DNE Finance team
- Support the preparation and issuing of office documentation (correspondence, reports etc.) to the highest possible standard Organise and attend meetings as required
- Assist with the prompt and effective delivery of customer service to all Tusla stakeholders in dealing efficiently with finance queries
- Use appropriate technology to ensure work is completed to a high standard
- Other duties as determined by DNE Regional Finance Manager
- Promote and maintain a customer focused environment including monitoring efficiency of services
- Ensure that all stakeholders are treated with dignity and respect
- Act on feedback from stakeholders/suppliers and report same to line manager
Health & Safety
- Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Please refer to the Candidate Information pack attached to this campaign for full and further detail.
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
- Candidates must be in direct employment with Tusla – Child and Family Agency, the HSE or within other statutory health agencies, or a body which provides services on behalf of the HSE under Section 38/39 of the Health Act 2004 or within a body that provides services on behalf of Tusla under Section 56 or Section 59 of the Child and Family Act 2013.
- Have at least 2 years' experience of working in a designated office within the Services as mentioned above.
- Have at least 2 years’ experience working in a finance environment delivering a high-volume efficient service compliant with Financial Regulations in one of the services as mentioned above.
- Have experience of managing and delivering multiple concurrent pieces of work.
- Have experience of working collaboratively with multiple internal and external stakeholders and customers, as relevant to this role.
- Have excellent IT skills including advanced Excel skills
- Possess sufficient administrative capacity to discharge the functions of the grade/post
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good character
Age restrictions shall only apply to a candidate where he/she is not classified as a new entrant within the meaning of the Public Services Superannuation Act, 2004). A candidate who is not classified as a new entrant must be under 65 years of age.
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application