Grade V – National Finance
|National Finance, Tusla Child and Family Centre, Brunel Building, Heuston South Quarter, Dublin 8.|
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Accounting and Finance||Permanent|
|Closing Date: 10/02/2020||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 16/01/2020|
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for improving wellbeing and outcomes for children. It represents the most comprehensive reform of services for the development, welfare and protection of children and the support of families ever undertaken in Ireland. It is an ambitious move which brings together some 4,000 staff who were previously employed within Children and Family Services of the Health Service Executive, the National Educational Welfare Board and the Family Support Agency.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
- Child Welfare and Protection Services, including family support services
- Family Resource Centres and associated national programmes
- Early years (pre-school) Inspection Services
- Educational Welfare responsibilities including School completion programmes and Home School Liaison
- Domestic, sexual and gender based violence services
- Services related to the psychological welfa
- Alternative Care and Adoption
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
Scope and Purpose of the Post:
Grade V AFS Admin Support – Finance Officer will carry out the functions required within the AFS Finance section, Brunel Building, Heuston South Quarter, Dublin 8. The Finance Officer will have a key administrative role in the support to the AFS Finance team and Financial Accounting.
Grade V Payroll Admin Support – Finance Officer will carry out the functions required within the Payroll Administration Unit, Brunel Building, Heuston South Quarter, Dublin 8. The Finance Officer will be responsible for oversight on key payroll processes ensuring accuracy of the postings and processes. The Finance Officer will have a key role over governance and compliance in this Unit.
Grade V Finance Admin Support – Finance Officer will carry out the functions required within the Finance Function, Brunel Building, Heuston South Quarter, Dublin 8. The Finance Officer will be responsible for designated administrative duties within the finance team.
Grade V Procurement – Procurement Officer will carry out the functions required within the Procurement Unit, Brunel Building, Heuston South Quarter, Dublin 8. The Procurement Officer will be responsible for the reporting on the procurement processes for category sourcing approaches for business requirements. The role will require providing support to staff and assist in the implementation of compliance with common policies, processes and systems.
Experience and knowledge of SAP Financials and advanced Excel is essential to the post. The post will be based wholly in the Brunel Building, Dublin 8.
Grade V – National Finance
- Financial accounting administrative support to facilitate the efficient and effective Year End Tusla AFS process.
- Knowledge of SAP Financials desirable but not essential to assist with the downloading & generation of reports for Tusla year end AFS and Audit.
- Assist with the collation of all queries from the Comptroller & Auditor General (C&AG) in respect of Tusla AFS Audit.
- Assist with Prompt and effective delivery of customer service to all Tusla stakeholders as relevant to the role.
- Population and creation of the School Completion Programme (SCP) Grant payment file, liaising with other stakeholders to ensure payment deadlines are met.
- Maintain confidentiality of documents received within Finance.
- Ensure that records are accurately stored and readily available
- Provide administrative support in the drafting of Tusla Financial Regulations (TFR’s).
- Have a good level of proficiency of Microsoft Office with excellent skills in Excel (including Pivot tables, VLOOKUP etc.), downloading data from multiple sources to excel, manipulating data to enable the generation of reports.
- Provide Administrative support in the generation of reports for Audit Committee meetings
- Provide Administrative support by engaging with Tusla stakeholder and our internal audit function in the tracking and updating of the status of all internal audit report recommendations.
- Assistance with the maintenance of the fixed asset register.
- Organise, attend and minute takings at meetings as required.
- Use appropriate technology to ensure work is completed to a high standard
- To efficiently and effectively deliver full administrative day-to-day support to the office of the Director.
- To manage the Directors diary, meeting requests, associated briefing material, issue of correspondence/circulars.
- Support the preparation and issuing of office documentation (correspondence, reports etc.) to the highest possible standard
- Ensure deadlines are met and that service
- To maintain an effective filing system and ensure that archives and records are accurate and readily available
- To support financial processes
- Collection and management of required data and metrics, where required.
- Liaise appropriately with and assist other Tusla directorates in relation to tracking and oversight requirements
- Effectively co-ordinate responses to all general enquiries received
- Carry out checking and validation on payroll transactions
- Liaise with key stakeholders in the payroll process to maintain a sound system of internal control
- Carry out reconciliations on key payroll related data
- Spot check and validate payroll transactions
- Provide support with all aspects of the Procurement administration function in the delivery of the Agency’s overall Procurement process and it’s standardisation
- Assist in ensuring that all projects are being delivered on a timely basis, achieving demonstrable value and sustainable savings in improving efficiency in the procurement function
- Deliver timely information and data integrity to budget area representatives on related procurement performances, vendor data analysis, cost categories and Procurement Contracts Activity Portfolio ie: register of contracts and eContracts
- To observe strict rules of confidentiality on any information gained as part of a tender process and / or project
- Other duties as determined by the section Grade VIII
Health & Safety
- Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Please refer to the Candidate Information pack attached to this campaign for full and further detail.
Applicants must by the closing date of the campaign
- Be currently in employment with Tusla – Child and Family Agency.
- Be in current and direct employment with the HSE or within other statutory health agencies, or a body which provides services on behalf of the HSE under Section 38 or 39 of the Health Act 2004 or within a body that provides services on behalf of Tusla under Section 56 or Section 59 of the Child and Family Act 2013.
- Have at least 2 years’ administrative experience in a designated office within the Services.
- Have experience of working collaboratively with multiple internal and external stakeholders and customers, as relevant to this role.
- Have a good level of proficiency of Microsoft Office with excellent skills in Excel (including Pivot tables, VLOOKUP etc.)
- Possess sufficient administrative capacity to discharge the functions of the grade/post
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good character.
Age restrictions shall only apply to a candidate where he/she is not classified as a new entrant within the meaning of the Public Services Superannuation Act, 2004).
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application