Grade V – Tusla Recruit
|Brunel Building, Heuston South Quarter, Dublin 8|
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 06/04/2020||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 12/03/2020|
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for improving wellbeing and outcomes for children. It represents the most comprehensive reform of services for the development, welfare and protection of children and the support of families ever undertaken in Ireland. It is an ambitious move which brings together some 4,000 staff who were previously employed within Children and Family Services of the Health Service Executive, the National Educational Welfare Board and the Family Support Agency.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
- Child Welfare and Protection Services, including family support services
- Family Resource Centres and associated national programmes
- Early years (pre-school) Inspection Services
- Educational Welfare responsibilities including School completion programmes and Home School Liaison
- Domestic, sexual and gender based violence services
- Services related to the psychological welfare of children
- Adoption & Alternative Care
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
Purpose of Role:
To deliver a cohort and cohesive administrative and clerical support Recruitment Management Team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a recruitment team in the day to day operations.
- Manage and co-ordinate all assigned recruitment campaigns.
- Ensure that recruitment campaigns adhere to relevant procedures and policies.
- Work proactively and in cooperation with the wider HR Team.
- Actively contribute to the continual improvement of recruitment services.
Provide administrative support to Senior Management Team when required.
- Undertake analysis of Recruitment Reports and prepare and present reports on Recruitment Activities.
- Manage, collate and assist with responding to Recruitment queries from staff and Hiring Managers.
- Ensure that archives and records are accurate, maintained confidentially and readily available to the appropriate authority.
- Research, collect and collate data in preparing reports and submissions.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, precedents etc.
- Organise and manage meetings.
- Co-operate with developments and use of information technology.
- Manage the implementation of change.
- Improve and develop internal and external service delivery by good communications.
- Respond to email and telephone queries in a timely manner and provide expert advice on Recruitment matters.
- Liaise regularly with HR in National Office.
- Ensure Recruitment Dept has access to up to date and relevant HR Circulars, Policies & Procedures and circulate same to Area Managers etc, as appropriate.
Team Management and Human Resources:
- To supervise, allocate and oversee the work of assigned administrative staff including their wellbeing.
- Encourage and support staff through change processes.
- Support the preparation and issuing of office documentation (correspondence, reports etc) to the highest possible standard.
- Co-operate and work in harmony with other teams and disciplines.
- Ensure line management is kept informed of all issues as they arise.
- Ensure policies and procedures are well documented and understood by staff within your team.
- Support the preparation and issuing of office documentation (correspondence, reports etc) to the highest possible standard by monitoring and reviewing team work to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Where appropriate manage attendance.
- To promote a culture that values diversity and respect in the workplace.
- To provide assistance with leadership and motivation conducive to good staff relations and work performance. Work as part of a team and to ensure that all members are treated with dignity and respect.
Education and Training:
- To maintain continuous personal development and participate in team based development, education, training and learning.
- To complete all mandatory training.
- Where appropriate, arrange for the induction and training for assigned staff, as required to maximise skill resources, (to include workplace experience placements where applicable).
- Where appropriate, provide supervision and assist in the development of knowledge, skills of relevant staff under your supervision.
- To participate in performance evaluation / review, identifying areas for improvement and appropriate plans / measures to achieve them.
- To ensure policies and procedures exist for all areas.
Health & Safety
- Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Please refer to the Candidate Information pack attached to this campaign for full and further detail.
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
- Be currently in employment with Tusla – Child and Family Agency.
- Be in current and direct employment with the HSE or within other statutory health agencies, or a body which provides services on behalf of the HSE under Section 38 or 39 of the Health Act 2004 or within a body that provides services on behalf of Tusla under Section 56 or Section 59 of the Child and Family Act 2013.
- Have at least 2 years’ administrative experience as relevant to the requirements of the role
- Have experience of working Recruitment environment delivering a high volume efficient recruitment service.
- Have supervisory experience.
- Have experience of working collaboratively with multiple internal and external stakeholders and customers, as relevant to this role.
- Have experience of managing and delivering multiple concurrent pieces of work.
- Possess sufficient administrative capacity to discharge the functions of the grade/post.
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good Character
Age restrictions shall only apply to a candidate where he/she is not classified as a new entrant within the meaning of the Public Services Superannuation Act, 2004.
Candidate Informationa Pack - Grade V TR.pdf
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application