Grade VI Garda Vetting / Tusla Recruit ***Updated***
|Heuston South Quarter, Saint John's Road West, Kilmainham, Dublin 8, Ireland|
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 06/04/2020||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 12/03/2020|
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for improving wellbeing and outcomes for children. It represents the most comprehensive reform of services for the development, welfare and protection of children and the support of families ever undertaken in Ireland. It is an ambitious move which brings together some 4,000 staff who were previously employed within Children and Family Services of the Health Service Executive, the National Educational Welfare Board and the Family Support Agency.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
- Child Welfare and Protection Services, including family support services
- Family Resource Centres and associated national programmes
- Early years (pre-school) Inspection Services
- Educational Welfare responsibilities including School completion programmes and Home School Liaison
- Domestic, sexual and gender based violence services
- Services related to the psychological welfare of children
- Adoption & Alternative Care
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
Purpose of Role:
To be the key liaison person to link with the designated Appropriate Officers assigned within the agency and ensure the provision of the services provided by Tusla Garda Vetting Unit meet the requirement of the services and in line with associated legislation.
To provide direct support and take the lead on other recruitment and talent management related projects in line with the overall Recruitment and HR Strategy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the day to day activities of the team (Authorised Signatories/Liasion Persons) assigned. Provide advice and guidance to internal and external stakeholders of the process.
- Support the development and implementation of robust reporting/management information systems to facilitate accurate and up to date reporting on HR Activity.
- Work closely with the appointed ‘Appropriate Persons’ and service providers to ensure the Tusla Garda Vetting Unit meets the needs of the organisation with regard to vetting requirements, processes and relative legislation.
- Ensure high standards of administration are achieved. Ensure the process and systems comply with the Code of Practice, the Data Protection Act 1988 & 2003, Garda Vetting Bureau legislation 2012 and relevant law, policy, procedures and guidelines that govern the Child and Family Services.
- Support recruitment and attraction initiatives for all grades and strengthen relationships with third level institutions where relevant. Support with monitoring and evaluating recruitment programmes and implementing new initiatives.
- Assist in co-ordinating the Graduate Programme, attend Colleges and Universities and deliver graduate programme
- Assist in communications and consultations with hiring managers in the development stages of national campaigns. Develop and designing the best approach to the campaign in advance of advertisement
- Work proactively and in cooperation with the wider HR Team.
- Actively contribute to the continual improvement of recruitment services.
- Support the planning and scheduling process of recruitment campaigns.
- Provide administrative support to Senior Management Team when required.
- Undertake analysis of Recruitment Reports and prepare and present reports on Recruitment Activities.
- Manage, collate and assist with responding to Recruitment queries from staff and Hiring Managers.
- Ensure that archives and records are accurate, maintained confidentially and readily available to the appropriate authority.
- Research, collect and collate data in preparing reports and submissions.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, precedents etc.
- Organise and manage meetings.
- Co-operate with developments and use of information technology.
- Projects related to promoting the Tulsa Brand and Tusla – Child and Family Agency as an employer of choice.
- Maintain and update information on processes/procedures, relative legislation and recruitment information on shared files.
- Manage the implementation of change.
- Improve and develop internal and external service delivery by good communications.
- Respond to email and telephone queries in a timely manner and provide expert advice on Recruitment matters.
- Liaise regularly with HR in National Office.
- Ensure Recruitment Dept has access to up to date and relevant HR Circulars, Policies & Procedures and circulate same to Area Managers etc, as appropriate.
Team Management and Human Resources:
- To supervise, allocate and oversee the work of assigned administrative staff including their wellbeing.
- Encourage and support staff through change processes.
- Support the preparation and issuing of office documentation (correspondence, reports etc) to the highest possible standard.
- Co-operate and work in harmony with other teams and disciplines.
- Ensure line management is kept informed of all issues as they arise.
- Ensure policies and procedures are well documented and understood by staff within your team.
- Support the preparation and issuing of office documentation (correspondence, reports etc) to the highest possible standard by monitoring and reviewing team work to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Where appropriate manage attendance.
- To promote a culture that values diversity and respect in the workplace.
- To provide assistance with leadership and motivation conducive to good staff relations and work performance.
- Create and maintain a positive working environment among staff members, which contributes to maintaining and enhancing effective working relationships.
- Ensure staffs are aware of their responsibilities in line with the relative policies and procedures developed to support the delivery of an effective service.
- Work as part of a team and to ensure that all members are treated with dignity and respect.
- Provide HR support to assigned team/unit and act as first point of contact for HR issues.
- Conduct regular staff meetings to keep staff informed and to hear views.
- Identify and agree training and development needs of team.
- Manage the performance of staff, dealing with underperformance in a timely and constructive manner.
Education and Training:
- To maintain continuous personal development and participate in team based development, education, training and learning.
- To complete all mandatory training.
- Where appropriate, arrange for the induction and training for assigned staff, as required to maximise skill resources, (to include workplace experience placements where applicable).
- Where appropriate, provide supervision and assist in the development of knowledge, skills of relevant staff under your supervision.
- To participate in performance evaluation / review, identifying areas for improvement and appropriate plans / measures to achieve them.
- To ensure policies and procedures exist for all areas.
Health & Safety
- Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Please refer to the Candidate Information pack attached to this campaign for full and further detail.
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
- Be currently in employment with Tusla – Child and Family Agency.
- Be in current and direct employment with the HSE or within other statutory health agencies, or a body which provides services on behalf of the HSE under Section 38 or 39 of the Health Act 2004 or within a body that provides services on behalf of Tusla under Section 56 or Section 59 of the Child and Family Act 2013.
- Have at least 2 years’ administrative experience in a designated office within the services mentioned above
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience within a Recruitment and/or HR Service with relevant operational experience and knowledge.
- Have supervisory experience.
- Have experience of working collaboratively with multiple internal and external stakeholders and customers, as relevant to this role.
- Possess sufficient administrative capacity to discharge the functions of the grade/post.
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good Character
Age restrictions shall only apply to a candidate where he/she is not classified as a new entrant within the meaning of the Public Services Superannuation Act, 2004.
Candidate Informationa Pack - Grade VI.pdf
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application