Finance Officer - Grade VII
|National Finance, Tusla Child and Family Centre, Brunel Building, Heuston South Quarter, Dublin 8.|
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 24/08/2020||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 30/07/2020|
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for improving wellbeing and outcomes for children. It represents the most comprehensive reform of services for the development, welfare and protection of children and the support of families ever undertaken in Ireland. It is an ambitious move which brings together some 4,000 staff who were previously employed within Children and Family Services of the Health Service Executive, the National Educational Welfare Board and the Family Support Agency.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
- Child Welfare and Protection Services, including family support services
- Family Resource Centres and associated national programmes
- Early years (pre-school) Inspection Services
- Educational Welfare responsibilities including School completion programmes and Home School Liaison
- Domestic, sexual and gender based violence services
- Services related to the psychological welfare of children
- Adoption & Alternative Care
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Preform Desktop reviews of Annual Financial Statements of not for profit agencies funded by Tusla;
- Preparing reports of findings of the above Desktop Reviews for disseminating to the relevant Tusla managers for follow up;
- Provide Independent support and advice to Tusla managers in respect of the financial governance and oversight arrangements in place within Tusla and/or funded agencies;
- Collaborating with Internal Audit function, assist in drafting of the annual internal Audit work programme;
- Using risk analysis tools to identify Tusla locations and funded agencies for audit;
- Track implementation of audit recommendations conducted within Tusla and funded agencies;
- Deal with internal and external audit queries from internal audit and C&AG;
- Working with other agencies to identify, profile organisations and analyse risk;
- Support achievement of value for money;
- Involvement in the specification and local implementation of new financial systems and processes;
- Management of vendor accounts of funded agencies
- Quality assuring the day to day management and control of financial processes within Tusla and funded agencies Compliance Statements, Internal audits and Desktop Reviews of Financial Statements of funded agencies
- To advise and assist in relation to compliance with the financial procedures and relevant legislation
- Have good working knowledge and to keep updated with new relevant legislation and developments as relevant to this role, for example SORP accounting, Relevant Government Circulars (DPER 13/14 Circular), Charity Regulator Governance Code, FRS102
- Where required, assist in preparation of reports for submission to Senior Leadership Team, Board Reports and Audit & Risk Committee
- Have a good level of proficiency of Microsoft Office with excellent skills in Excel (including Pivot tables, VLOOKUP etc.), downloading data from multiple sources to excel, manipulating data to enable the generation of reports
- Where required, assist with Year End Annual Financial Statements (AFS) process
- Any other duties assigned by GVIII Financial Accountant
- To provide cover for GVIII Financial Accountant when required
- Support the Finance function to implement the above outlined responsibilities with a clear focus on change management and developmental support
- Provide expert support and guidance to Tusla managers with regards to financial governance, compliance and oversight of Tusla locations and/or funded agencies
- Provide training and development support where applicable
Health & Safety
- Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Please refer to the Candidate Information pack attached to this campaign for full and further detail.
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
- Be currently in employment with Tusla – Child and Family Agency.
- Be in current and direct employment with the HSE or within other statutory health agencies, or a body which provides services on behalf of the HSE under Section 38 or 39 of the Health Act 2004 or within a body that provides services on behalf of Tusla under Section 56 or Section 59 of the Child and Family Act 2013.
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in a finance department in a designated office within the services mentioned above
- Direct knowledge and application of Financial Governance and Compliance
- Excellent IT skills including advanced Excel skills ((including Pivot tables, VLOOKUP etc.)
- Possess sufficient administrative capacity to discharge the functions of the Grade VII
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good Character
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application