Software Development Support - Grade V
|Corporate Office – Brunel Building, Heuston South Quarter, Dublin 8|
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 28/09/2020||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 03/09/2020|
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for improving wellbeing and outcomes for children. It represents the most comprehensive reform of services for the development, welfare and protection of children and the support of families ever undertaken in Ireland. It is an ambitious move which brings together some 4,000 staff who were previously employed within Children and Family Services of the Health Service Executive, the National Educational Welfare Board and the Family Support Agency.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
- Child Welfare and Protection Services, including family support services
- Family Resource Centres and associated national programmes
- Early years (pre-school) Inspection Services
- Educational Welfare responsibilities including School completion programmes and Home School Liaison
- Domestic, sexual and gender based violence services
- Services related to the psychological welfare of children
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
About Tusla ICT
Tusla has one of the largest ICT networks in the Public Service with almost 4,500 users in over 300 locations. Tulsa ICT have established a team of highly skilled technical and support professionals that are tasked with providing the innovation, systems and support required to assist Tusla in delivering its services and achieving its business and strategic objectives.
The ICT Directorate consists of 6 units:
- Applications team are responsible for developing innovative applications that support the work of Tusla and assist staff in maximising the use of technology to work efficiently and effectively.
- Infrastructure team manage the Tusla network, telephone systems, servers, storage and cloud services.
- Data team are responsible for improving the management of data held by Tusla in a secure, holistic and consistent manner that serves the data and information needs of all Tusla stakeholders.
- Service Delivery team provide users with the ICT devices, systems and support they require to efficiently perform their role. The Service Delivery unit is responsible for the ICT service desk, change management, incident manager and problem management.
- Practice and Regional team work with social work, social care, family support and educational welfare teams to ensure ICT services and systems are aligned to practice requirements. The regional team are responsible for oversight and supporting the delivery of ICT service across Tusla’s 300 office locations.
- Service Strategy and Design team are responsible for Strategy Management, Business Relationship Management, Service Portfolio Management, Financial Management, Service Catalogue Management, Risk Management, Information Security Management, Service Continuity Management and Compliance Management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The role requires an experienced software development support person with a strong technical background.
- Work closely with the Tier 1 and Tier 2 service desk teams to understand issues and assist in investigating and resolving. This may involve liaising directly with users to resolve complex issues that cannot be resolved by service desk team
- Working on project teams with the senior developers and architecture on software development tasks
- Develop fixes and minor changes as part of maintenance releases
- Document and update FAQs and knowledge base
Relationship Management and Collaboration
- Works as part of an agile software team to facilitate the delivery of web and mobile applications being developed by Tusla ICT
- Works as part of the application testing team to test and validate new system releases
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Works in collaboration with the ICT service desk team to resolve escalated issues
- Interact with service desk and users in a helpful and responsive manner to understand their requirements and provide the service required
- Contribute to the team environment and culture in providing excellent service
Health & Safety
- Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Please refer to the Candidate Information pack attached to this campaign for full and further detail.
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
- Have a minimum of 1 years’ experience in a software development related role using Microsoft technologies.
- Demonstrated ability of developing and maintaining ICT solutions.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft .Net and Microsoft SharePoint.
- Possess sufficient administrative capacity to discharge the functions of the grade/post
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good character.
Age restrictions shall only apply to a candidate where he/she is not classified as a new entrant within the meaning of the Public Services Superannuation Act, 2004).
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application