Signs of Safety Learning and Development Practice Lead
|Sligo, Leitrim, West Cavan, Mayo, Donegal|
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 02/11/2020||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 08/10/2020|
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for improving wellbeing and outcomes for children. It represents the most comprehensive reform of services for the development, welfare and protection of children and the support of families ever undertaken in Ireland. It is an ambitious move which brings together some 4,000 staff who were previously employed within Children and Family Services of the Health Service Executive, the National Educational Welfare Board and the Family Support Agency.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
- Child Welfare and Protection Services, including family support services
- Family Resource Centres and associated national programmes
- Early years (pre-school) Inspection Services
- Educational Welfare responsibilities including School completion programmes and Home School Liaison
- Domestic, sexual and gender based violence services
- Services related to the psychological welfare of children
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
Purpose of Role:
- To support the development of Child Protection and Welfare practice in Tusla and partner agencies. The focus of this development will initially concentrate on the learning and implementation of practice methods required to embed- Signs of Safety (New National Approach to Practice).
- To support staff with the alignment of Signs of Safety to the standard business processes, which are being amended to facilitate the new approach to practice.
- To model the use of the approach for staff working in Child Protection and Welfare services.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the development of social work/social care practice at an area and team level in line with the National Approach to Practice- Signs of Safety
- Work with senior staff, team members and external SofS consultants to become proficient in delivering Sigs if Safety learning and development activities to Tusla staff e.g. workshops, group supervision, call backs and induction of new staff
- In conjunction with area teams, undertake direct work with children and families using the SofS Framework to model the implementation of the approach in everyday practice
- To inform the development and contribute to the design and delivery of implementation workshops specifically targeting alignment to Standard Business Processes
- To provide on-site support in live cases to model the process and assist in embedding practice
- To provide on-site support to assist practitioners to land Signs of Safety within the newly aligned business process
- To assist practitioners in delivering on the learning aspects of the Area Implementation plan
- To support local teams to run the learning events in their own areas.
- Support and deliver Signs of Safety Training and Workshops as required
- Lead and facilitate Group Supervision at a team level and mentor supervisory staff through this process
- Build the capacity of Tusla Staff and other Agency Partners in the consistent implementation of the National Approach to Practice- Signs of Safety
- Be responsible for identifying learning and development needs of staff working implementing signs of safety and initiate a response in conjunction with other key partners e.g. operations staff, external consultants, national learning and development team
- Contribute to the quality assurance process for implementation and fidelity to Signs of Safety
- Contribute to the strategic planning function of the Child Protection and Welfare implementation work
- Contribute to research and evaluation of the Child Protection and Welfare Strategy
- Contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice in relation to the Child Protection and Welfare Strategy and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
Health & Safety
- Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
- A Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI) Level 8 (or higher) major academic award or equivalent qualification in Social Work or Social Care
- A minimum of 3 years post graduate experience working in Statutory Child Protection and Welfare
- Knowledge of Adult Learning Theory and experience of facilitating learning on an individual or group basis
- Knowledge of the application of Signs of Safety in a Child Protection context
- Must have the requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability, professional and managerial) for the proper discharge of the duties of the office
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application