General Manager - Financial Accounting, Finance Directorate, Brunel
|National Finance Office, Brunel Building, Heuston South Quarter, Dublin 8|
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 09/11/2020||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 15/10/2020|
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for improving wellbeing and outcomes for children. It represents the most comprehensive reform of services for the development, welfare and protection of children and the support of families ever undertaken in Ireland. It is an ambitious move which brings together some 4,000 staff who were previously employed within Children and Family Services of the Health Service Executive, the National Educational Welfare Board and the Family Support Agency.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
- Child Welfare and Protection Services, including family support services
- Family Resource Centres and associated national programmes
- Early years (pre-school) Inspection Services
- Educational Welfare responsibilities including School completion programmes and Home School Liaison
- Domestic, sexual and gender-based violence services
- Services related to the psychological welfare of children
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
The post holder will support the Director of Finance in ensuring effective and efficient functioning of the TUSLA Financial Accounting Unit, having lead responsibilities for the smooth running of the Financial Accounting activities of the Agency.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Support the delivery of efficient, effective and safe services for staff and clients, within national frameworks and for the resources allocated.
The post holder will be the lead and manage teams for some of the following:
The post holder will support the Finance Director in the reconfiguration of processes and regulations and will ensure that there are robust quality processes and regulations in place
- Support the Director of Finance in the performance of the financial accounting function of the Directorate.
- Co-ordinate the development and implementation of structures which provide clear lines of accountability and responsibility.
- Manage significant teams of Finance Directorate staff.
- Support innovation in the delivery of services.
- Lead out on the delivery of relevant corporate service and corporate reporting functions in partnership with service managers and business partners.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with key internal and external partners in implementing the broader programme of services and activities.
- Develop and co-ordinate the implementation of standardised financial processes, financial regulations, internal controls and compliance checks.
- Manage information and communications systems and flows across the Directorate.
- Develop and maintain a strong focus on both internal and external communications relevant to the work of the functional area.
- Manage and provide leadership and direction for the Financial Accounting team in the delivery of effective, efficient, and quality services.
- Undertake direct project management of key financial projects.
- Ensure services are delivered to a high-quality standard maximising the output for the Directorate.
- Work with key stakeholders in the implementation and roll-out of the new developments which fall within the remit of the Financial Accounting as aligned to the Finance Strategy.
Support the development of effective relationships and structures across all settings
- Ensure the development of relationships and communications with internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate as required, which will include key stakeholders such as DCYA, C&AG, Revenue, DPER, Public Accounts Committee, and the political system regarding Parliamentary Questions.
- Lead the development of effective relationships between the national office and relevant services at a regional and local level.
- Build strong relationships with key staff in Tusla and Health Business Services (HBS), HSE.
The post holder will work with and support the Regional Finance Managers and their teams to ensure a close working relationship between regional and national structures.
- Ensure implementation of clear pathways, in line with national standards and programmes across all settings.
- As a member of the Senior Finance Management Team, Act-up for the Director of Finance, as required.
Health & Safety
- Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines
and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste
initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
(A) Post Qualification Experience of 5 Years + with a recognised professional accountancy qualification from one of the following accountancy bodies:
Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy
Institute of Chartered Accountants
Chartered Association of Certified Accountants
Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland
Institute of Incorporated Public Accountants
a recognised equivalent qualification
(B) have at least 3 years’ management experience in a Finance setting within a large-scale Public or Private entity
(C) have excellent IT skills including advanced Excel skills
(d) have the requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability and management ability) for the proper discharge of the duties of the office
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application