Grade V – Health and Safety Administrator
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 08/03/2021||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 11/02/2021|
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for improving wellbeing and outcomes for children. It represents the most comprehensive reform of services for the development, welfare and protection of children and the support of families ever undertaken in Ireland. It is an ambitious move which brings together some 4,000 staff who were previously employed within Children and Family Services of the Health Service Executive, the National Educational Welfare Board and the Family Support Agency.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
- Child Welfare and Protection Services, including family support services
- Family Resource Centres and associated national programmes
- Early years (pre-school) Inspection Services
- Educational Welfare responsibilities including School completion programmes and Home School Liaison
- Domestic, sexual and gender based violence services
- Services related to the psychological welfare of children
National Health and Safety Team provides specialist advice to all levels of management on health and safety matters. The national team provides guidance to staff on specific matters relating to health, safety and welfare at work and develops and reviews the National Health and Safety Management System and associated Policies. The national health and safety team analyse health and safety incidents across the Agency and communicate any learning’s across the Agency to improve the Agency’s safety performance. The National Health and Safety Team is part of Tusla’s Corporate Services Department.
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
The successful candidate will work alongside the existing National Health & Safety Department to assist in the coordination of the successful implementation of all aspects of Tusla’s Child and Family Agency National Health and Safety Management System.
The candidate will also be responsible for supporting the day to day management of administration function of the National Health and Safety Department.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To deliver cohesive administrative support to the National Health and Safety Department
- Manage all administration of the National Health and Safety Management system, policies, procedures & guidance documents & keep information up to date on Tusla Hub
- Administration of health and safety documentation for the department; including risk assessment & method statements
- Support the implementation of the National Health and Safety Management System across the Agency
- Effectively co-ordinate responses to all general health and safety enquiries received
- Manage the statutory reporting of all Health and Safety incidents for the Agency
- Assist with the design and roll out of national health and safety initiatives, communication campaigns & innovation
- Keep a record of all health and safety meetings, tracking, following up & closing out of all action items
- Track and manage all internal and external audits and reviews & track all actions to closure
- Perform general office health and safety duties & other tasks as assigned
- Collate and analyse health and safety performance metrics for the Agency. Build dashboard/reports & presentations from multiple data sources understanding the data and providing recommendations based on the data to management
- Organise & assist in the delivery of health and safety training across the Agency and maintain training records
- To promote a positive Safety culture within the organization through communication and interactions with all Tusla Staff
- Manage and complete DSE assessments as required
- Undertake additional specific health and safety compliance tasks as may be required (for example, completion of DSE workstation assessments, workplace safety inspections, manual handling assessments and/or training delivery)
- Deliver a range of statutory health and safety training programmes (e.g. manual handling training, fire safety awareness or first aid training) to large groups of employees
- Provide support for the Department by managing the scheduling of meetings, circulating support documentation, taking minutes and tracking items
- Any other duties assigned by the Line Manager or National Health and Safety Manager
- Maintain confidentiality, a high level of professionalism and the highest standards of Data Protection at all times
Health and Safety
- Comply with all employee requirements as set out in the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 and associated Regulations
- Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
- Have a working knowledge of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 & associated Regulations
- Experience in use of complex Incident management systems such as NIMS, or similar
- Experience of data analysis and generating detailed management reports
- Proven experience working towards set deadlines in a dynamic and busy department
- Have at least 2 years’ administrative experience as relevant to the role
- Proficiency with Microsoft office packages: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Share point, Power BI etc.
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good character.
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application