Procurement & Contracts Manager – Grade VII
|Brunel Building, Heuston South Quarter, Dublin 8|
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 19/04/2021||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 25/03/2021|
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for improving wellbeing and outcomes for children. It represents the most comprehensive reform of services for the development, welfare and protection of children and the support of families ever undertaken in Ireland. It is an ambitious move which brings together some 4,000 staff who were previously employed within Children and Family Services of the Health Service Executive, the National Educational Welfare Board and the Family Support Agency.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
• Child Welfare and Protection Services, including family support services
• Family Resource Centres and associated national programmes
• Early years (pre-school) Inspection Services
• Educational Welfare responsibilities including School completion programmes and Home School Liaison
• Domestic, sexual and gender based violence services
• Services related to the psychological welfare of children
• Adoption & Alternative Care
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
Purpose of the role
The Agency has a requirement for a key point of contact to manage and ensure that sufficient and appropriate internal controls are in place and that contracts are compliant with relevant regulations. The procurement and contracts manager will work in consultation with key stakeholders where s/he will assist with preparing and finalising contracts, and provide recommendations and advice where required ensuring that all parties are adhering to agreed contractual obligations and that commitments are discharged accordingly
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead and manage the end to end procurement contracts process and provide specialist advice and technical knowledge in completing and managing all aspects of putting contracts in place with budget holders/project managers. For example:
- Interpretation of contracts and providing guidance on terms & conditions of the contracts and contractual responsibilities
- Review contracts and tender submissions prior to issuing and signing of procurement documents and contracts.
• Work with stakeholders on contract management best practice and legislative compliance, support and provide expert advice on disputes, remedies, modifications, variations and contract exit. For example: ensuring that all contracts comply with Data Protection/General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and Procurement regulations
• Develop, negotiate and drive contractual agreements in a high-quality sensitive manner, with the objective of managing risk and optimising performance to achieve value for money
• Establish and maintain quality processes and reporting systems, and develop and write reports on contract performance, audits and risks escalations
• Ensure measures are in place to identify expiring contracts for renewal/replacement in good time
• Assist budget holders/project managers to execute, manage and monitor deliverables/key performance indicators (KPIs) outlined in the contract to ensure efficiency and maximise contract performance
• Carry out audit contract performance with budget holders/project managers on all projects on a regular basis
• Assist budget holders/project managers with setting up vendors for purchase to pay
• Ensure all contract templates are up to date and readily available
• Drive and deliver the contract finalisation of a procurement process ensuring that the Business arrives at the Purchase to Pay (P2P) stage
• Apply a deep understanding of Public Procurement processes and regulations, and have the ability to apply processes to specific procurement requirements
• Observe strict rules of confidentiality on any information gained as part of a tender process and / or project.
• Contribute to the communication and implementation of policies, procedures, guidelines, standards and best practices for procurement and GDPR regulations
• Ensure that all statutory and corporate governance requirements are met ie: EU Procurement Directives, GDPR Regulations and internal financial regulations
• Demonstrate ability to conduct relevant procurement training programmes
• Identify risk of non-compliance and opportunities for spend aggregation
• Oversight and management of Audit/Risk register
• Manage challenging expenditure portfolios.
Health & Safety
• Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
• Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
• To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office. Please refer to the Candidate Information pack attached to this campaign for full and further detail.
- Be currently in employment with Tusla – Child and Family Agency, the HSE or within other statutory health agencies, or a body which provides services on behalf of the HSE under Section 38 or 39 of the Health Act 2004 or within a body that provides services on behalf of Tusla under Section 56 or Section 59 of the Child and Family Act 2013
- A qualification in Procurement and/or Legal
- a minimum of two years’ equivalent experience and management experience to include staff supervision in an area related to the delivery of contract management services
- Possess sufficient administrative capacity to discharge the functions of the grade/post.
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application