Grade VII - Regional ICT Implementation and Liaison Officer (Maternity Leave Cover, West Region)
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Other||Maternity Leave Cover|
|Closing Date: 19/04/2021||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 25/03/2021|
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for improving wellbeing and outcomes for children. It represents the most comprehensive reform of services for the development, welfare and protection of children and the support of families ever undertaken in Ireland. It is an ambitious move which brings together some 4,000 staff who were previously employed within Children and Family Services of the Health Service Executive, the National Educational Welfare Board and the Family Support Agency.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
• Child Welfare and Protection Services, including family support services
• Family Resource Centres and associated national programmes
• Early years (pre-school) Inspection Services
• Educational Welfare responsibilities including School completion programmes and Home School Liaison
• Domestic, sexual and gender based violence services
• Services related to the psychological welfare of children
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
About Tusla ICT
Tusla has one of the largest ICT networks in the Public Service with almost 4,500 users in over 300 locations. Tulsa ICT have established a team of highly skilled technical and support professionals that are tasked with providing the innovation, systems and support required to assist Tusla in delivering its services and achieving its business and strategic objectives.
The ICT Directorate consists of 6 units:
• Applications team are responsible for developing innovative applications that support the work of Tusla and assist staff in maximising the use of technology to work efficiently and effectively.
• Infrastructure team manage the Tusla network, telephone systems, servers, storage and cloud services.
• Data team are responsible for improving the management of data held by Tusla in a secure, holistic and consistent manner that serves the data and information needs of all Tusla stakeholders.
• Service Delivery team provide users with the ICT devices, systems and support they require to efficiently perform their role. The Service Delivery unit is responsible for the ICT service desk, change management, incident manager and problem management.
• Practice and Regional team work with social work, social care, family support and educational welfare teams to ensure ICT services and systems are aligned to practice requirements. The regional team are responsible for oversight and supporting the delivery of ICT service across Tusla’s 300 office locations.
• Service Strategy and Design team are responsible for Strategy Management, Business Relationship Management, Service Portfolio Management, Financial Management, Service Catalogue Management, Risk Management, Information Security Management, Service Continuity Management and Compliance Management.
Purpose of Role:
In line with the ICT Strategy, Tulsa ICT are expanding its capabilities to become more
self-sufficient in the delivery of ICT services to users and to develop a wide range of innovative
ICT solutions that support the work of Tusla and assist staff in maximising the use of technology to work efficiently.
The purpose of this post is to co-ordinate the ICT engagement and the implementations of ICT systems in the region. The role will involve working with social work teams and other regional colleagues to gather their requirements and to co-ordinate the roll out of ICT solutions and services in the Region. This is a broad role and will cover co-ordinating all aspects of ICT services and solutions in the region such as devices for users, print solutions for offices, ICT fit out for offices, implementation of new applications (including the proposed roadmap of Phone Apps), promoting technology and supporting regional colleagues in adopting and using ICT as enabler to support them in their roles.
Note the management of NCCIS (National Childcare Information System) is managed by the established NCCIS teams under Operations and as such is not directly part of this role. This role is a broader remit covering all other aspects ICT across the region but will work closely with the NCCIS team in the region to co-ordinate inter dependencies and related service requirements.
This is not directly a hands-on technical role, it is co-ordination role to support the delivery of ICT solutions and service in the Region.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Co-ordinate the rollout, implementation and ongoing adoption of new ICT solutions in the region.
• Regularly attend regional and area team meetings to present and promote new systems and new ways of working based ICT enablement.
• Liaise with colleagues in the region to gather feedback on ICT service requirements and opportunities for continuous improvement.
• Promote the awareness and adoption of ICT policy.
• Support and provide training to colleagues as required.
• Assist in co-ordinating ICT connectivity and ICT fit out for offices in the region.
• Assist in co-ordinating ICT asset management in the region.
• Liaise with NCCIS Liaison and Admin officers across the region to co-ordinate inter dependencies and related service requirements from ICT.
• Co-ordinate ICT setups for new joiners and movers in the regions as well as co-ordinating the ICT process for leavers
Relationship Management and Collaboration
• Work closely with regional colleagues and teams to gather their requirements and to co-ordinate the roll out of ICT solutions and service in the Region
• Work as part the ICT Directorate and collaborate with the ICT infrastructure, applications, data, service and strategy & design teams
• Manage the work of any assigned resources as required
Health & Safety
• Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
• Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
• To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
• Candidates must currently work with Tusla – Child and Family Agency, the HSE or within other statutory health agencies, or a body which provides services on behalf of the HSE under Section 38/39 of the Health Act 2004 or within a body that provides services on behalf of Tusla under Section 56 or Section 59 of the Child and Family Act 2013.
• Have at least 2 years administrative experience in a designated office within the services mentioned above.
• Have excellent end user skills in using ICT systems such as Microsoft Office, email, case management and reporting systems
• Have excellent communications skills and demonstrated experience in presentation and facilitation to deliver complex information in understandable terms.
• Have experience in managing or co-ordinating a project(s)
• Possess sufficient administrative capacity to discharge the functions of the Grade VII
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good Character
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application