Regional Manager & Digital L&D Lead, Workforce Learning and Development - Dublin Mid Leinster
|Dublin Mid Leinster|
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 10/05/2021||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 15/04/2021|
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for improving wellbeing and outcomes for children. It represents the most comprehensive reform of services for the development, welfare and protection of children and the support of families ever undertaken in Ireland. It is an ambitious move which brings together some 4,000 staff who were previously employed within Children and Family Services of the Health Service Executive, the National Educational Welfare Board and the Family Support Agency.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
- Child Welfare and Protection Services, including family support services
- Family Resource Centres and associated national programmes
- Early years (pre-school) Inspection Services
- Educational Welfare responsibilities including School completion programmes and Home School Liaison
- Domestic, sexual and gender based violence services
- Services related to the psychological welfare of children
- Adoption & Alternative Care
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
Purpose of Role:
- To be accountable for the efficient and effective operational delivery of services under the responsibility of Workforce Learning and Development.
- To participate as member of the National Workforce Learning and Development Management Team.
- To work as part of the National Management Team for Workforce Learning and Development in strategically co-ordinating, managing, evaluating and monitoring this function for Children and Family Services at a regional level and/or specific functional area.
- To provide leadership in the strategic development and use of digital learning methodologies within Workforce Learning and Development as well as the wider Tusla environment.
Tusla is engaging in a process of substantial reform. These posts may be subject to re-configuration in the context of this reform programme with consequent changes to assignment of regional or functional responsibilities.
The Regional Manager and Digital L&D Lead for Workforce Learning and Development will:
- Manage resources (staff and budget) allocated to Workforce Learning and Development.
- Manage Training Officers and administrative support assigned to their region and/or the functional area of Digital L&D.
- Provide leadership and direction in the development and implementation of digital learning approaches by WLD and the wider agency as relevant.
- Manage elements of the WLD annual operational plan as assigned and be accountable for delivery.
- Support Regional Service Directors and Area Children and Family Services Managers with regard to staff continuous and professional development needs.
- Work with other managers within the Corporate Services, HR and other Directorates on the planning and implementation of initiatives aligned to Tusla’s Business and Corporate Plans.
- Co-ordinate regional input into national Workforce Development data collection.
- Work with other professionals to ensure an effective interagency approach to Workforce Learning and Development.
- Contribute to the strategic planning function of Workforce Learning and Development.
- Manage the evaluation process of Workforce Learning and Development programmes in their region and functional area.
- Contribute to the accreditation process of national training modules.
- Manage specific Workforce Learning and Development projects.
- Manage the audit processes for Workforce Learning and Development in their region and functional area.
- Ensure the compliance of the regional Workforce Learning and Development service with all relevant National Finance Regulations.
- Manage quality assurance for Workforce Learning and Development in their region and functional area.
- Implement quality Workforce Learning and Development initiatives in collaboration with other stakeholders.
- Identify gaps in Workforce Learning and Development delivery in their region or assigned functional areas.
- Identify areas of practice which require research and development while contributing to the dissemination of good practice in collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Contribute to research in Workforce Development.
Health & Safety
- Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Please refer to the Candidate Information pack attached to this campaign for full and further detail.
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
- Possess sufficient administrative and management capacity to discharge the functions of the grade/post – At least three years’ experience of leading projects within a training and development department in a mid to large scale organisational setting, in either the public, private or NGO sectors.
- A Quality and Qualifications Ireland Level 8 (or higher) major academic award (or equivalent qualification) in training, education, organisational development, health, social science or human resources area.
- At least three years’ experience of working within a training and development role with responsibility for design, development and delivery of significant digital learning interventions.
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good character
Already Registered? Login Here
Join Our Talent Pool & Submit