ICT Technical Security Lead Grade VIII
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|IT, Communications and Software||Permanent|
|Closing Date: 17/05/2021||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 22/04/2021|
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for improving wellbeing and outcomes for children. It represents the most comprehensive reform of services for the development, welfare and protection of children and the support of families ever undertaken in Ireland. It is an ambitious move which brings together some 4,000 staff who were previously employed within Children and Family Services of the Health Service Executive, the National Educational Welfare Board and the Family Support Agency.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
• Child Welfare and Protection Services, including family support services
• Family Resource Centres and associated national programmes
• Early years (pre-school) Inspection Services
• Educational Welfare responsibilities including School completion programmes and Home School Liaison
• Domestic, sexual and gender based violence services
• Services related to the psychological welfare of children
• Adoption & Alternative Care
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
About Tusla ICT
Tusla has one of the largest ICT networks in the Public Service with almost 4,500 users in over 300 locations. Tulsa ICT have established a team of highly skilled technical and support professionals that are tasked with providing the innovation, systems and support required to assist Tusla in delivering its services and achieving its business and strategic objectives.
The ICT Directorate consists of 6 units:
• Applications team are responsible for developing innovative applications that support the work of Tusla and assist staff in maximising the use of technology to work efficiently and effectively.
• Infrastructure team manages and secures the Tusla network, telephone systems, servers, storage and cloud services.
• Data team are responsible for improving the management of data held by Tusla in a secure, holistic and consistent manner that serves the data and information needs of all Tusla stakeholders.
• Service Delivery team provides users with the ICT devices, systems and support they require to efficiently perform their role. The Service Delivery unit is responsible for the ICT service desk, change management, incident manager and problem management.
• Practice and Regional teamwork with social work, social care, family support and educational welfare teams to ensure ICT services and systems are aligned to practice requirements. The regional team are responsible for oversight and supporting the delivery of ICT service across Tusla’s 300 office locations.
• Service Strategy and Design team are responsible for Strategy Management, Business Relationship Management, Service Portfolio Management, Financial Management, Service Catalogue Management, Risk Management, Information Security Management, Service Continuity Management and Compliance Management.
Tusla are looking for an ICT Technical Security Lead with extensive expertise and hands on experience in securing the on-premise and cloud infrastructure from internal and external challenges.
The person will provide technical leadership in our infrastructure security strategy in conjunction with the ICT Infrastructure Manager in designing and implementing infrastructure security solutions for Tusla mix of on-premise and cloud-based solutions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implement ICT security best practice across Tusla’s ICT infrastructure
• Architect security solutions and develop supporting technical design documentation
• Manage infrastructure related security controls and systems, such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, network access control, network segmentation, anti-virus, email filtering, internet security, device encryption etc.
• Monitor all security related reporting and alert systems and manage any issues to resolution.
• Hands-on technical lead in managing ICT security incidents.
• Manage the ICT Infrastructure security baseline and continuous improvement action plan.
• Conduct vulnerability scans and security risk assessments. Develop and manage remediation action plans as required.
• Lead on the implementation of security standards
• Develop detailed understanding of all systems becoming the key expert in the ICT team to support knowledge transfer to the rest of the Infrastructure and other ICT support teams
• Procurement of ICT Security Solutions and working with colleagues in the ICT Directorate on other ICT Procurements.
Managing & Delivering Results (Operational Excellence):
• Support the ICT Infrastructure Manager in embedding a culture of continuous improvement in the Infrastructure Team by driving improvements to work processes, tools and techniques.
• Ensure that policies and procedures are aligned with best practice, are well documented and communicated to others.
• Ensure that assigned projects are managed in line with stated objectives and within specified budget and timelines.
• Implement agreed changes in a co-operative and supportive manner, finding innovative ways to deliver service improvements within resource limitations.
• Develop appropriate project methodologies and establish working practices that promote cross-functional team working.
• Work with other ICT teams in the implementation and roll-out of new developments, with a particular emphasis on consistency and alignment across the system and reference to best practice, outcome measures and value for money.
Teamwork, Leadership & Building and Maintaining Relations:
• Mentoring and managing other members of the ICT Infrastructure Team as appropriate.
• Be accountable for own work and that of others as appropriate.
• Work on own initiative as well as part of a wider team.
• Co-operate and work in harmony with other teams and disciplines.
• Lead by example, motivate and encourage others, build team commitment.
• Deal with under performance in a timely and constructive manner.
Finance & Human Resources
• Monitor budgets and expenditure.
• Develop and support business cases for new resources etc.
• Support HR processes within the directorate.
Commitment to providing a quality service:
• Be flexible and adaptable in his / her approach to work, embrace change and adapt work practices accordingly.
• Promote and maintain a quality customer-focused environment.
• Monitor efficiency within own area of responsibility and take remedial action or notify supervisor as appropriate.
• Continuously seek to improve systems / processes.
Education & Training:
• Keeping abreast of latest developments in ICT Security to ensure the team are maximising the latest innovation and best practice
• Maintain standards of practice and levels of professional knowledge by participating in continuous professional development initiatives and attendance at courses as appropriate.
• Engage in career and professional development planning.
• Oversee the provision of a framework for the promotion of staff development and training by making recommendations with regard to the ongoing education, mentoring, training and in-service needs of the inspection and monitoring team.
• Pursue continuous professional development in order to develop professional knowledge and keep updated with current and relevant HR legislation.
• Provide training with the team and region to share knowledge of relevant HR Procedures/ Processes.
Health & Safety
• Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
• Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
• To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
• Have a third level qualification (minimum level 7, on the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland or equivalent in another jurisdiction) (or its international equivalent) in Computer Science or a related discipline.
• Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a Senior Infrastructure or IT Security Role.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in an ICT Management or Architect role to include
a lead role in developing and supporting the Infrastructure Security of an enterprise.
• A HP, Cisco, Checkpoint or McAfee Certification.
• Have the requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability and management ability) for the proper discharge of the duties of the office.
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good
Already Registered? Login Here
Join Our Talent Pool & Submit