Grade V- FOI Officer/Admin Support *** UPDATED
|National Office, Children’s Residential Services, Gaolta Centre, 4 Magdalene Street, Drogheda, Co. Louth.|
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 24/05/2021||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 29/04/2021|
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for improving wellbeing and outcomes for children. It represents the most comprehensive reform of services for the development, welfare and protection of children and the support of families ever undertaken in Ireland. It is an ambitious move which brings together some 4,000 staff who were previously employed within Children and Family Services of the Health Service Executive, the National Educational Welfare Board and the Family Support Agency.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
· Child Protection and Welfare
· Family Support
· Alternative Care
· Tusla Education Support Services (TESS)
· Domestic Sexual and General Based Violence (DSGBV)
· Children’s Service Regulation
· Counselling and Therapeutic Supports
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
The purpose of the post is to provide support to the FOI/Data Protection Manager and the Privacy Officer in National Children’s Residential Services in responding to Freedom of Information / Data Protection / Parliamentary / Media query requirements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Researching, retrieving records / data in response to FOI and Subject Access requests
- Copying, scanning, preparing schedules of records and redacting data
- Logging of requests to Database and update of same
- Supporting FOI/Data Protection Manager and Privacy Officer to ensure all Freedom of Information / Data Protection requests and queries are responded to in an efficient and timely manner
- Providing support by managing the scheduling of meetings, circulating support documentation, attending meeting and taking minutes, tracking and follow up on items
- Collating data for response to Parliamentary Questions (PQ’s) and media queries
- Record management and archiving of records
- Assist with roll out of GDPR training /awareness to all Children’s Residential Services staff
- Any other duties assigned by the Line Manager
- Maintain confidentiality, a high level of professionalism and the highest standards of Data Protection at all times.
Health & Safety
- Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
- Be currently in direct employment with Tusla – Child and Family Agency, the HSE or within other statutory health agencies, or a body which provides services on behalf of the HSE under Section 38 or 39 of the Health Act 2004 or within a body that provides services on of Tusla under Section 56 or Section 59 of the Child and Family Act 2013.
- Have at least two years’ administrative experience in a designated office within the services
- Possess sufficient administrative capacity to discharge the functions of the grade/post
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good
Already Registered? Login Here
Join Our Talent Pool & Submit