UPDATED CLOSING DATE: Corporate Services Business Manager Grade VIII
|Flexible location, requiring regular travel to Tusla Corporate Office, Brunel Building, Heuston South Quarter, Dublin 8.|
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 18/06/2021||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 06/05/2021|
Details of Service
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for improving wellbeing and outcomes for children. It represents the most comprehensive reform of services for the development, welfare and protection of children and the support of families ever undertaken in Ireland. It is an ambitious move which brings together some 4,000 staff who were previously employed within Children and Family Services of the Health Service Executive, the National Educational Welfare Board and the Family Support Agency.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
• Child Protection and Welfare
• Family Support
• Alternative Care
• Tusla Education Support Services (TESS)
• Domestic Sexual and General Based Violence (DSGBV)
• Children’s Service Regulation
• Counselling and Therapeutic Supports
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
Purpose of Role:
The Corporate Services Business Manager is a Grade VIII role within Tusla, reporting to the Director of Corporate Services or an appropriate senior manager
The purpose of the post is to provide operational support to the Corporate Services Directorate in administrative, financial, human resources and internal control matters
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the financial and budget planning, procurement, purchasing and payments processes in line with TFR1.
- Effectively discharge the day to day operations of the Corporate Services Directorate, including compliance with financial regulations and all Tusla policies and procedures.
- Ensure that assigned projects are managed in line with stated objectives and within specified budget and timelines.
- Assist in the delivery, implementation and monitoring of the business and corporate plan.
- Lead on the preparation of strategic and operational plans in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Prepare reports as required e.g. submission for the Annual Report, SMT papers, Board papers.
- Ensure the efficient day-to-day operational management of the Corporate Services Directorate, including management and supervision of relevant staff.
- Contribute to the development of policies and procedures, particular with regard to the internal control environment.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are aligned with best practice, are well documented and communicated to others.
Standard and Practices
- Maintain own knowledge of relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and practices to perform the role effectively and to ensure standards are met by own team.
- Maintain own knowledge of relevant regulations and legislation e.g. HSE Financial Regulations, Health & Safety legislation, Employment legislation, GDPR and Data Protection Acts 2018, FOI Acts etc.
- Demonstrate pro-active commitment to all communications with internal and external stakeholders.
- Promote and participate in the implementation of any change management programme.
- Responsible for day to day management / oversight of administrative support staff in the area.
- Ensure the effective coordination of functions in the Directorate ensuring robust administrative support is provided.
- Manage recruitment, retention and development of staff including training and continual assessment.
- Ensure policies and procedures are well documented and understood by staff within your section who are assigned to you.
- Active participation in the Corporate Services Directorate Leadership team, contributing to strategic development and ensuring all corporate supports are proactively managed.
- Ensure strong linkages and collaboration with other business management/corporate affairs senior management in the Directorate.
Finance and Governance
- Ensure appropriate governance arrangements are in place to meet the needs of the Corporate Services Directorate and the Agency.
- Ensure procurement process are managed and supported in line with requirements.
- Ensure all policies in place are up to date and operating effectively across the Directorate.
- Provide overall support to the Directorate Leadership Team on the costing of tendering and the allocation of resources to the process.
- Manage and coordinate audits and reviews.
- Ensure process for Board and SMT papers preparation are timely and of high quality.
- Oversee the implementation and application of consistent administrative and document recording systems within the Directorate and provide advice and support to the Directorate Leadership Team in ensuring consistency of approach and uniformity.
Health & Safety
- Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Please refer to the Candidate Information pack attached to this campaign for full and further detail.
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
- Have a minimum Level 8 qualification on the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland (or equivalent in another jurisdiction) in a relevant discipline
- Have at least 5 years’ experience in the management of corporate services process: HR, Finance, Business Planning or similar.
- Have experience of co-ordinating management information and systems analysis.
- Have experience in the delivery of large scale complex change programmes across a range of services and involving multiple stakeholder or professional groupings.
- Possess knowledge of the work of Tusla, Child & Family Agency and the data processing and sharing activities carried out.
- Demonstrate excellent MS Office skills to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Possess sufficient administrative capacity to discharge the functions of Business Manager.
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good character
Already Registered? Log in here
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application