Health, Wellbeing and EAP - Grade VII
|National Health and Wellbeing Unit, Primary Care Centre, Kilnacourt House, Braclone Street, Portarlington, Co.Laois|
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 18/10/2021||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 23/09/2021|
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for a range of statutory functions including provision of child protection, alternative care, specified regulatory services and a range of family support services. The Agency has commenced a major improvement programme with significant focus on Practice, Culture and Structure.
The Agency currently has responsibility for a budget in excess of €800m and delivers its services through circa 5,000 people in 350 locations across the Country.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
- Child Protection and Welfare
- Family Support
- Alternative Care
- Tusla Education Support Services (TESS)
- Domestic Sexual and General Based Violence (DSGBV)
- Children’s Service Regulation
- Counselling and Therapeutic Supports
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
The Health, Wellbeing and EAP Service includes responsibility for advice and support to service delivery units on staff wellbeing. The function is managed by Human Resources and is led by the General Manager and provides support to managers and staff across Tusla.
This role is to develop and manage the operational processes of the Occupational Health and Employee Assistance (EAP) functions within Tusla and to work with our partners in the HSE to oversee the delivery of in house and outsourced occupational health and counselling service to employees. To develop the Business Planning Processes in Health and Wellbeing
To support the General Manager in the coordination and development of the Health, Wellbeing and EAP office.
The post holder will have particular responsibility for carrying out therapeutic, developmental, training and administration work. They will be responsible for improving and delivering a Tusla specific EAP and Health and Wellbeing service
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Deliver training sessions, developmental programmes and carry out administration work in relation to employee engagement, Equality Diversity and Inclusion, Healthy Ireland, Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) and Occupational Health.
· Be responsible for the communication and administration of a comprehensive health and wellness strategy for the employees of the organisation that is in line with the overall HR Strategy.
· Develop and promote health and wellness programmes to implement the health and wellness strategy which will provide opportunities for employees to maintain their health and wellbeing.
· Promote individual wellbeing, employee engagement and a culture of wellbeing within the organisation to result in a workplace that is positive, productive and engaging.
· Carry out therapeutic work and interventions with staff as needed, particularly focused on Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) training, de-briefing and interventions and Rehabilitation.
· Manage the implementation and administration of an information system to record and report on Wellbeing and EAP activity nationally and generate associated reports.
· Work to tight deadlines and operate effectively with multiple competing priorities, taking responsibility to initiate activities and drive objectives through to a conclusion.
· Ensure deadlines are met and that service levels are maintained.
· Be responsible for identifying training and development needs of assigned staff and implementation of appropriate training in conjunction with the national training office.
· Ensure that statutory and regulatory obligations are met.
· Build and maintain key internal and external relationships in achieving organisational goals.
· Supervise, support and enable other team members to carry out their responsibilities.
· Review the conduct and completion of assignments in accordance with the operational plan and expected quality standards.
· Contribute to policies and procedures.
· Make appropriate use of technology to advance the quality and efficiency of service provision.
· Maintain own knowledge of relevant procedures, practices and legislation to perform the role effectively and to ensure standards are met by own team.
· Promote co-operation with other teams and disciplines.
Health & Safety
- Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Please refer to the Candidate Information pack attached to this campaign for full and further detail.
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
· Be currently in direct employment with Tusla – Child and Family Agency, the HSE or within other statutory health agencies, or a body which provides services on behalf of the HSE under Section 38/39 of the Health Act 2004 or within a body that provides services on behalf of Tusla under Section 56 or Section 59 of the Child and Family Act 2013.
· A minimum QQI Level 8 relevant to the requirements of the role.
· Have at least two years experience in a designated office within the Services. Possess sufficient administrative capacity to discharge the functions of the Grade.
· Experience of managing teams.
· Experience of coordinating Committees and your Project Management experience
· Excellent MS Office skills including a high proficiency in MS Excel
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good character
Already Registered? Log in here
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application