Procurement & Contracts Manager – Grade VII
|Heuston South Quarter, Saint John's Road West, Kilmainham, Dublin 8, Ireland|
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 18/10/2021||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 23/09/2021|
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for a range of statutory functions including provision of child protection, alternative care, specified regulatory services and a range of family support services. The Agency has commenced a major improvement programme with significant focus on Practice, Culture and Structure.
The Agency currently has responsibility for a budget in excess of €800m and delivers its services through circa 5,000 people in 350 locations across the Country.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
- Child Protection and Welfare
- Family Support
- Alternative Care
- Tusla Education Support Services (TESS)
- Domestic Sexual and General Based Violence (DSGBV)
- Children’s Service Regulation
- Counselling and Therapeutic Supports
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
Purpose of Role
The Agency has a requirement for a key point of contact to manage and ensure that sufficient and appropriate internal controls are in place and that contracts are compliant with relevant regulations. The procurement and contracts manager will work in consultation with key stakeholders where s/he will assist with preparing and finalising contracts, and provide recommendations and advice where required ensuring that all parties are adhering to agreed contractual obligations and that commitments are discharged accordingly
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage the end to end procurement contracts process and provide specialist advice and technical knowledge in completing and managing all aspects of putting contracts in place with budget holders/project managers. For example:
- Interpretation of contracts and providing guidance on terms & conditions of the contracts and contractual responsibilities
- Review contracts and tender submissions prior to issuing and signing of procurement documents and contracts.
- Work with stakeholders on contract management best practice and legislative compliance, support and provide expert advice on disputes, remedies, modifications, variations and contract exit. For example: ensuring that all contracts comply with Data Protection/General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and Procurement regulations
- Develop, negotiate and drive contractual agreements in a high-quality sensitive manner, with the objective of managing risk and optimising performance to achieve value for money
- Establish and maintain quality processes and reporting systems, and develop and write reports on contract performance, audits and risks escalations
- Ensure measures are in place to identify expiring contracts for renewal/replacement in good time
- Assist budget holders’/project managers to execute, manage and monitor deliverables/key performance indicators (KPIs) outlined in the contract to ensure efficiency and maximise contract performance
- Carry out audit contract performance with budget holders’/project managers on all projects on a regular basis
- Assist budget holders’/project managers with setting up vendors for purchase to pay
- Ensure all contract templates are up to date and readily available
- Drive and deliver the contract finalisation of a procurement process ensuring that the Business arrives at the Purchase to Pay (P2P) stage
- Apply a deep understanding of Public Procurement processes and regulations, and have the ability to apply processes to specific procurement requirements
- Observe strict rules of confidentiality on any information gained as part of a tender process and / or project.
- Contribute to the communication and implementation of policies, procedures, guidelines, standards and best practices for procurement and GDPR regulations
- Ensure that all statutory and corporate governance requirements are met i.e., EU Procurement Directives, GDPR Regulations and internal financial regulations
- Demonstrate ability to conduct relevant procurement training programmes
- Identify risk of non-compliance and opportunities for spend aggregation
- Oversight and management of Audit/Risk register
- Manage challenging expenditure portfolios
Health & Safety
- Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Please refer to the candidate information pack attached to this campaign for full and further detail.
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
- A qualification in Procurement and/or Legal
- A minimum of two years’ equivalent experience and management experience to include staff supervision in an area related to the delivery of contract management services
- Possess sufficient administrative capacity to discharge the functions of the grade/post.
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good character
Already Registered? Log in here
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application