Grade V FOI Officer - South
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 18/10/2021||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 23/09/2021|
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for a range of statutory functions including provision of child protection, alternative care, specified regulatory services and a range of family support services. The Agency has commenced a major improvement programme with significant focus on Practice, Culture and Structure.
The Agency currently has responsibility for a budget in excess of €800m and delivers its services through circa 5,000 people in 350 locations across the Country.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
- Child Protection and Welfare
- Family Support
- Alternative Care
- Tusla Education Support Services (TESS)
- Domestic Sexual and General Based Violence (DSGBV)
- Children’s Service Regulation
- Counselling and Therapeutic Supports
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
The purpose of the post is to provide support to the FOI Manager in responding to Freedom of Information / Data Protection requirements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Researching, retrieving records/ data in response to FOI requests
- Preparing schedules of records and redacting data as required
- Preparing all files for release under the FOI Act as required
- Logging of requests to Database and update of same
- Liaise with all relevant Social Work Departments to ensure that timelines as set out in the FOI Act are adhered to
- Collation off all relevant data and preparation of monthly statistics
- to ensure all Freedom of Information requests and queries are responded to in an efficient and timely manner
- Record management and archiving of records - Any other duties assigned by the Line Manager
- Maintain confidentiality, a high level of professionalism and the highest standards of Data Protection at all times
Health & Safety
- Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
• Be currently in direct employment with Tusla – Child and Family Agency, the HSE or within other statutory health agencies, or a body which provides services on behalf of the HSE under Section 38 or 39 of the Health Act 2004 or within a body that provides services on of Tusla under Section 56 or Section 59 of the Child and Family Act2013. and
• Have at least two years’ administrative experience in a designated office within the services and
• Possess sufficient administrative capacity to discharge the functions of the grade/post
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good
Already Registered? Log in here
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application