Data Intelligence Specialist Grade VI - Cork
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 26/10/2021||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 30/09/2021|
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for a range of statutory functions including provision of child protection, alternative care, specified regulatory services and a range of family support services. The Agency has commenced a major improvement programme with significant focus on Practice, Culture and Structure.
The Agency currently has responsibility for a budget in excess of €800m and delivers its services through circa 5,000 people in 350 locations across the Country.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
- Child Protection and Welfare
- Family Support
- Alternative Care
- Tusla Education Support Services (TESS)
- Domestic Sexual and General Based Violence (DSGBV)
- Children’s Service Regulation
- Counselling and Therapeutic Supports
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
To support the Information Manager in the provision of a comprehensive information management service across areas within the South region
Perform the essential duties and functions listed below with the overall objective of maximizing the efficiency of the Agency in achieving its goals through the best application of information management methods.
The Post Holder will be heavily involved in work relating to the quality of data collection and analysis in the Agency including:
Reporting; and Audits.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in defining and executing methods for collecting, cleansing and analysing data.
- Assist with the collection, collation and validation of data for the multiple reporting requirements of the Agency on a monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual basis within specified deadlines.
- Support the Manager of the Information Unit in the preparation of and reconciliation of performance management information / metrics across the full range of child and family services.
- Facilitate accurate processing and importing of data from internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure the quality and integrity of current data is of the highest standard and put procedures in place to correct identified errors.
- Administer the information repository system to ensure that data is being collected and recorded in the correct manner.
- Proactively analyse data to identify trends, relationships and important data points to include linking financial and resource data with activity data.
- Analyse and interpret data trends to support the planning and delivery of services so that better outcomes are achieved for children and young people.
- Present complex information in an understandable format utilising current and emerging ICT functionality and solutions.
- Support the Information Unit to ensure that information governance processes and procedures are appropriately adhered to.
- Support and promote ICT projects as they relate to Information Management
- Provide guidance and support across the information management process to ensure seamless connection to existing information systems.
- Promote compliance with Data Protection, FOI legislation and regulatory standards.
- Maintain a working knowledge of ICT systems as they relate to the Child and Family Agency.
- Maintain a working knowledge of relevant regulatory, policy, procedures and statutory requirements as they relate to the Child and Family Agency.
Education and Training
- To maintain continuous personal development and participate in team-based development, education, training and learning.
- To complete all mandatory training.
- Where appropriate, arrange for the induction and training for assigned staff, as required to maximise skill resources, (to include workplace experience placements where applicable).
- Where appropriate, provide supervision and assist in the development of knowledge, skills of relevant staff under your supervision.
- To participate in performance evaluation / review, identifying areas for improvement and appropriate plans / measures to achieve them.
- To ensure policies and procedures exist for all areas.
Health & Safety
- Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
· Be currently in direct employment with Tusla – Child and Family Agency, the HSE or within other statutory health agencies, or a body which provides services on behalf of the HSE under Section 38/39 of the Health Act 2004 or within a body that provides services on behalf of Tusla under Section 56 or Section 59 of the Child and Family Act 2013
· Have at least two years experience in a designated office within the Services relating to data processing and/or statistical reporting
· Experience of data interrogation and statistical analysis including high level of accuracy and attention to detail, and the ability to deliver analytical outputs to a high standard.
· Experience in the utilisation of various management information systems including databases.
· Expertise in MS Excel and/ or statistical or analytics software.
· Experience in the validation and quality assurance of data derived from various management information systems and databases.
· Possess sufficient administrative capacity to discharge the functions of the grade/post.
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good
Already Registered? Log in here
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application