ICT Technical Support Officer - Grade V
|Midlands – Mayo – Cavan/Monaghan|
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 08/11/2021||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 14/10/2021|
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for a range of statutory functions including provision of child protection, alternative care, specified regulatory services and a range of family support services. The Agency has commenced a major improvement programme with significant focus on Practice, Culture and Structure.
The Agency currently has responsibility for a budget in excess of €800m and delivers its services through circa 5,000 people in 350 locations across the Country.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
• Child Protection and Welfare
• Family Support
• Alternative Care
• Tusla Education Support Services (TESS)
• Domestic Sexual and General Based Violence (DSGBV)
• Children’s Service Regulation
• Counselling and Therapeutic Supports
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
About Tusla ICT
Tusla has one of the largest ICT networks in the Public Service with almost 4,500 users in over 300 locations. Tulsa ICT have established a team of highly skilled technical and support professionals that are tasked with providing the innovation, systems and support required to assist Tusla in delivering its services and achieving its business and strategic objectives.
The ICT Directorate consists of 6 units:
Applications team are responsible for developing innovative applications that support the work of Tusla and assist staff in maximising the use of technology to work efficiently and effectively.
Infrastructure team manage the Tusla network, telephone systems, servers, storage and cloud services.
Data team are responsible for improving the management of data held by Tusla in a secure, holistic and consistent manner that serves the data and information needs of all Tusla stakeholders.
Service Delivery team provide users with the ICT devices, systems and support they require to efficiently perform their role. The Service Delivery unit is responsible for the ICT service desk, change management, incident manager and problem management.
Practice and Regional team work with social work, social care, family support and educational welfare teams to ensure ICT services and systems are aligned to practice requirements. The regional team are responsible for oversight and supporting the delivery of ICT service across Tulsa’s 300 office locations.
Service Strategy and Design team are responsible for Strategy Management, Business Relationship Management, Service Portfolio Management, Financial Management, Service Catalogue Management, Risk Management, Information Security Management, Service Continuity Management and Compliance Management
Purpose of Role:
The Technical Support Officer will work as part of the ICT Service Delivery team in delivering application support, desktop support and user setups and project work where applicable
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop expertise in core areas of ICT service such as, application support, desktop support and user setups
• Provide support to users of Tusla ICT services and systems
• Work as part of a team in delivering service-related projects such as system upgrades, technology refresh projects and office moves
• Work on the Tusla ICT tech hub in providing drop-in tech help services at national, regional and local events
• Handle and manage support tickets on the ICT service desk
Relationship Management and Collaboration
• Works as part of the ICT service team in the delivery of high quality support service to users
• Works in collaboration with other ICT teams as required to support the transition of new services to the service desk and to assist in the delivery of ICT projects as required
• Interact with users in a helpful and responsive manner to understand their requirements and provide the service required
• Contribute to the team environment and culture in providing excellent service to users
Health & Safety
• Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
• Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
• To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
• Have at least 2 years’ administrative experience.
• Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in an ICT related support role with a demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Office, Windows and Device support, O365.
• Knowledge and demonstrated experience of Active Directory, Security Groups and User setups.
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good character.
Already Registered? Log in here
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application