Grade VII – 0365/Azure Administrator
|Nationwide, Location is flexible and can be based in the nearest Tusla office with available space to the successful candidate.|
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|IT, Communications and Software||Permanent|
|Closing Date: 07/02/2022||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 13/01/2022|
Details of Service
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for a range of statutory functions including provision of child protection, alternative care, specified regulatory services and a range of family support services. The Agency has commenced a major improvement programme with significant focus on Practice, Culture and Structure.
The Agency currently has responsibility for a budget in excess of €800m and delivers its services through circa 5,000 people in 350 locations across the Country.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
- Child Protection and Welfare
- Family Support
- Alternative Care
- Tusla Education Support Services (TESS)
- Domestic Sexual and General Based Violence (DSGBV)
- Children’s Service Regulation
- Counselling and Therapeutic Supports
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
About Tulsa ICT
Tusla has one of the largest ICT networks in the Public Service with almost 5,000 users in over 300 locations. Tulsa ICT provide the innovation and systems required to support Tusla in delivering its services and achieving its business and strategic objectives. The ICT team are responsible for delivering the following functions: ICT Networks, Server and Cloud management; Application Development and Support; Data and Information Management; Cyber Security; ICT Service and ICT Programme Management.
Purpose of the role
Supporting Tusla’s Microsoft 0365/Azure environment with over 5,000 users. The role will include 0365 /Azure tenant, Azure Active Directory, 0365 Exchange, Intune and Group policy administration.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring and managing security across the 0365 /Azure tenant including Microsoft identities, data, devices, apps, and infrastructure
- Administrating access control polices
- Develop group policy and scripts to automate provisioning and permissions for end users
- Provision and manage servers and other services on Azure
- Administrating Microsoft Intune for mobile device management
- Utilize a pro-active, preventative maintenance and support approach including monitoring and health checks to minimize business disruptions
- Assist in planning the Azure/365 vision and roadmap for the Agency
- Provide tier 3 support for Exchange365, AzureAD, Intune, and Teams issues escalated from the Service Desk team
- Contribute to and maintain best practices to ensure successful deployments and high productivity
- Contribute to technical design sessions and prepare documentation for architectural review
- Other ICT duties as required
Relationship Management and Collaboration
- Work as part of the infrastructure team in developing and maintaining a technical environment that is secure, highly available and fit for use.
- Work in collaboration with the ICT Service Delivery team and the other ICT Teams as required to support data related tier 3 support, incident management and problem management issues.
- Work with external vendors and other ICT Staff in delivering infrastructure related initiative.
- If applicable, to train, supervise and evaluate staff in their respective roles on the infrastructure team.
- If applicable, ensuring that the appropriate performance management frameworks are implemented for any assigned staff.
Health & Safety
- Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Please refer to the Candidate Information pack attached to this campaign for full and further detail.
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
- Have a third level qualification in ICT, Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in ICT administration of network, server and cloud environments
- Excellent technical skills and experience in 0365, Azure, Active Directory, 0365 Exchange, Group policy and Windows Server administration
- Experience in SharePoint Administration
- Demonstrated knowledge of PowerShell scripting
- The requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability and professional ability) for the proper discharge of the duties of the office.
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good Character.
Already Registered? Log in here
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application