Grade VIII Senior IFMS Deployment and Change Management Lead – 18 months – Specified Purpose
|Corporate Finance Office, Tusla, Brunel Building, Heuston South Quarter, Dublin 8|
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 07/02/2022||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 13/01/2022|
Details of Service:
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for a range of statutory functions including provision of child protection, alternative care, specified regulatory services and a range of family support services. The Agency has commenced a major improvement programme with significant focus on Practice, Culture and Structure.
The Agency currently has responsibility for a budget in excess of €800m and delivers its services through circa 5,000 people in 350 locations across the Country.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
- Child Protection and Welfare
- Family Support
- Alternative Care
- Tusla Education Support Services (TESS)
- Domestic Sexual and General Based Violence (DSGBV)
- Children’s Service Regulation
- Counselling and Therapeutic Supports
The Finance Reform Programme currently underway as part of the wider Health Reform Programme aims to:
- Introduce standardised financial management processes run from a single technology base
- Provide a single source of accurate financial reporting across the Health Sector
- Implement new Finance operating structures and new ways of working across Finance.
The IFMS Project, as part of the Finance Reform Programme, will implement a new Finance Operating Model for Tusla, delivered through
- A Single National Integrated Finance and Procurement Management System
- Standardised National processes and ways of working
- A strengthened financial control framework
- A New National Shared Services Model
The major business transformation Programme covering the introduction of SAP S/4 HANA platform for IFMS as the National Finance and Procurement system, will support standardised best-practice business processes and the significant organisation restructuring and change that will be required to facilitate the transformation.
The need for a local deployment team and change network was highlighted for a programme of the scale and complexity of the IFMS Project. Tusla will have its own Local Deployment and Change Team, which will be supported by the Central IFMS Project Team. The Grade VIII Tusla Senior IFMS Deployment / Change Team Lead will play a key role within the Project.
The GVIII will have a key role in developing local implementation structures, including staffing of a Change Management team and focus on Communication structures and supports.
Overall, the transformation that IFMS is aiming to achieve while comparable to a large degree, is admittedly significantly more complex, especially due to multiple ‘as-is’ states and therefore carries a higher risk. This risk can be mitigated with a well and timely sourced local deployment and Change team and supported by strong leadership both at the project and local level.
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
Purpose of Role:
To support the Tusla Management Team in preparing for IFMS deployment, Tusla is looking for a proven, highly skilled and experienced Senior IFMS Deployment and Change Management Lead who will have accountability and responsibility for leading all local IFMS change and deployment activities for Tusla. Activities will include:
- Local Change Management, Communications & Training
- Local Data Cleansing/Data Migration
- Local Enterprise Structure Definition
- Local User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
The post holder will ensure that all deployment and change initiatives are understood and that the service is supported to adopt new ways of working ensuring that business processes, working practices, systems and support structures across the service are adjusted in order to drive tangible and non-tangible benefits. The post holder will maximise the adoption of change strategies and minimise resistance from stakeholders through comprehensive change management, communication and training activities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting directly to local Finance line management and being supported, guided and directed by the central IFMS Project team, the Senior IFMS Deployment and Change Management Lead will have overall accountability and responsibility for local deployment and change management deliverables and will manage a team comprising of a Change Network Resources (with focus on Change Management and Communications) and Deployment resources (with focus on data cleaning/data migration, Enterprise Structure definition and UAT).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include:
Accountable and Responsible on behalf of Local management for local IFMS Change Management and Deployment deliverables.
- Responsible for directing the Organisation Change Management (OCM) plan and local deliverables across service deployments.
- Work with local Change Champions and local leadership to identify key change impacts and benefits.
- Point of contact for Change Champions for all change related topics and issues and determine if all change issues have been addressed in their individual areas through Communications and/or Training activities, and that the organisation and its stakeholders are prepared for the ‘Go live’ of the new system prior to ‘Go-live’.
- Identify, analyse and categorise IFMS Project risks & issues relating to implementation of change and deployment activities across each service. Escalate and work collaboratively with central IFMS Change Team and wider IFMS Project Team in implementing corrective actions to address risks and issues.
- Support timely delivery, management and implementation of both National and Local change management and communications strategies and plans that minimize resistance and maximize support for the Programme’s objectives in conjunction with the Central Change Team.
- Work closely with colleagues on the IFMS Project Team, to deliver the Project’s Change Management and Communications objectives and deployment activities.
- Planning and supporting a comprehensive approach to change management, communications and engagement with relevant staff impacted and their Unions.
- Oversee and assess local readiness for the implementations of IFMS Project and support in achieving all implementation pre-requisites.
- Manage the local change impact assessment activity supported by the Central Change Team. Share findings with the central Change Team to assist in the development of specific localised change management requirements.
- Conduct a Change Complexity Assessment across Finance and Procurement.
- Conduct Change Maturity Assessment from the business change capability point of view across the following seven dimensions 1) Leadership, 2) Culture. 3) Communication, 4) Structure. 5) Performance. 6) Capability, 7) Commitment.
- Responsible for managing a local implementation team and working collaboratively with IFMS project personnel to ensure a successful and smooth changeover and to prepare staff for these changes from current financial systems to IFMS.
- Responsible for recruiting Local Change Teams and assessing, recruiting and developing the Change Network, consisting of Change Champions and Change Agents, supported with training from the Central Change Team.
- Harness initial relationships and further develop the relationship management programme.
- Manage and support the delivery of Change, Communications and Training deliverables in a timely manner.
- Provide continuous support to Change Champions on activities including stakeholder analysis, impact analysis, training needs analysis, communications plan development and execution and benefits realisation processes.
- Support the development and rollout of local change plans with the Change Champions.
- Support the development and delivery of Change Management Training to key stakeholders and the Training Needs Analysis Strategy and rollout of local training with the Change Champions.
- Understand and acknowledge the change complexity and cultural ethos and follow The Change Guide - People’s Needs Defining Change, HSE Approach along with the developed IFMS Change Network toolkit.
- Analysis of IFMS standard processes and identification of changes required to current processes and workflows.
- Review, understand, document and communicate current financial processes, procedures, systems process operators and stakeholders.
- Create process operator database.
IFMS Functional Deployment
- Responsible for data cleansing for all deployment data migration objects.
- Responsible for data validation of data migration loads.
- Testing of data migration loads.
- Definition of Enterprise Structure (Profit Centres, Costs Centres).
- Design Validation – Review of IFMS standard template design and identification of local gaps.
- User Acceptance Testing – Pre Go-Live UAT.
- Post Go Live Support
- Work with the Tusla Programme Management Office, Tusla Finance Team, IFMS PMO, IFMS Deployment Lead, IFMS Central Change Team, Tusla leadership and all key stakeholders to define local organisations project requirements and scope.
- Ensure approval and acceptance of project deliverables to agreed quality standards within agreed timescales.
- Perform real time updating of Project on Project Vision (or relevant Project Management Tool).
- Map and plan for the management of dependencies and liaise with the Tusla Business Lead, Tusla Programme Manager, Tusla Work Stream Leads, IFMS Project Leads as well as other Project Managers to ensure that dependencies are effectively managed.
- Quality Assurance on all activity in conjunction with the Tusla Business Lead, Tusla Programme Manager, IFMS PMO and wider Project teams.
- Take lead responsibility for cultivating effective relationships and advancing integration with colleagues in Tusla and with external stakeholders.
- Identify key stakeholder groups and individual stakeholders impacted by IFMS for inclusion in the central Change Team’s Stakeholder Analysis.
- Utilise central IFMS Project communication activities and support the creation and effective implementation of local communication plans and deliverables with the Change Champion.
- Endorse and deliver key messages and updates on changes along with the local impacts of IFMS Implementation supported by the IFMS Project Change Team.
- Actively promote the IFMS Project in both formal and informal environments.
- Maintain confidentiality and a high level of professionalism at all times.
- Have oversight and ensure timely responses to information requests on behalf of the Tusla Management Team, Tusla Programme Management Office e.g. Parliamentary Questions (PQs); Freedom of Information and Media.
- Act as spokesperson for Tusla and the IFMS Project as required.
Governance and Reporting
- Weekly governance and RAG status reporting on change management, communication and training activities to the IFMS Central Change Team.
- Governance and reporting to Tusla’s IFMS Programme Steering Committee, Sponsor, Programme Manager and Business Lead.
- On-going identification and mitigation of risks and issues, documented in the Project’s Risk Register and action reported on through regular RAID review meetings.
- Formal weekly reporting at central Change Meetings with deployment service.
- Ownership of deployment and change management action plan and development of corrective action plan, if required.
- Benefits management understanding and reporting.
- ‘Go-Live’ business readiness assessment.
- Prepare clear, concise, accurate reports backed up by sufficient reliable documentary evidence.
- Prepare clear, logical, sufficiently documented files.
- Make decisions and solve problems in a timely manner and inform others of decisions that have implications for them.
- Make appropriate use of technology to advance the quality and efficiency of service provision.
- Gather information from a variety of sources to ensure decisions are in line local and national agreements.
Human Resources and Knowledge Transfer
- Manage the performance of any assigned staff and teams.
- Create a positive working environment, which contributes to maintaining and enhancing effective working relationships.
- Promote the development of staff to maximise potential in line with personal and organisational goals.
- Manage and promote a quality internal and external service delivery.
- Collate lessons learned throughout the deployment in conjunction with the Change Champions and Business Change Specialists and transfer knowledge to the next deployment.
- Facilitate cross-service meetings and/or workshops to enable knowledge and experience sharing.
- Conduct change management knowledge transfer to Change Agents and co-facilitate awareness workshops together with Change Champions.
Standards, Regulations, Policies, Procedures & Legislation
- Contribute to the development of policies and procedures for own area
- Effectively discharge the day-to-day operations, including compliance with Tusla Financial regulations and all Tusla policies and procedures
- Assess and analyse compliance with National and EU legislative obligations, and national policies and procedures
- Ensure accurate attention to detail and consistent adherence to procedures and current standards within area of responsibility
- Maintain own knowledge of relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and practices to perform the role effectively and to ensure standards are met by own team
- Maintain own knowledge of relevant regulations and legislation e.g. Tusla Financial Regulations, Health & Safety legislation, Employment legislation, FOI Acts etc.
- Pursue continuous professional development in order to develop management expertise and professional knowledge
Health & Safety
- Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Please refer to the Candidate Information pack attached to this campaign for full and further detail.
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
- An appropriate third level qualification relevant to the role.
- Measurable change and project management experience including experience of using structured change and project methodologies to deliver projects to successful outcomes in a complex environment.
- Extensive experience of financial systems, financial management and financial control disciplines and working experience of Procurement systems.
- Senior level experience leading Change Management Operations in support of large scale process/technology projects and/or other transformational initiatives and experience delivering change activities across a full implementation lifecycle (design, build, test, deploy, support) preferably with SAP.
- The requisite knowledge, ability and experience (including a high standard of suitability and management ability) for the proper discharge of the duties of the office.
- Significant senior level experience of communication with senior management and wider stakeholders when handling ambiguity in complex situations and openly addressing conflict/negotiating to explore solutions and seeking resolutions.
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good character
Already Registered? Log in here
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application