Cyber Security Officer - Grade VII
|Nationwide, Location is flexible and can be based in the nearest Tusla office with available space to the successful candidate. Tusla has over 200 offices nationwide.|
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 16/05/2022||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 21/04/2022|
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for a range of statutory functions including provision of child protection, alternative care, specified regulatory services and a range of family support services. The Agency has commenced a major improvement programme with significant focus on Practice, Culture and Structure.
The Agency currently has responsibility for a budget in excess of €800m and delivers its services through circa 5,000 people in 350 locations across the Country.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
• Child Protection and Welfare
• Family Support
• Alternative Care
• Tusla Education Support Services (TESS)
• Domestic Sexual and General Based Violence (DSGBV)
• Children’s Service Regulation
• Counselling and Therapeutic Supports
About Tusla ICT
Tusla has one of the largest ICT networks in the Public Service with almost 5,000 users in over 300 locations. Tulsa ICT provide the innovation and systems required to support Tusla in delivering its services and achieving its business and strategic objectives.
The ICT team are responsible for delivering the following functions: ICT Networks, Server and Cloud management; Application Development and Support; Data and Information Management; Cyber Security; ICT Service and ICT Programme Management
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
Puropose of role: The role will be working as part of the team in managing ICT security operations and delivering cyber security improvement projects
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring and managing Tusla’s Anti Virus, Encryption, Vulnerability, Threat Management and Intruder Detection and Prevention Systems
- Support the operation of backup and recovery systems
- Support the operation of Web Filtering, Enterprise Firewalls, Network Access Control and Remote Access VPN systems
- Support the implementation of server hardening
- Support the implementation of security best practice standards such as ISO27001/NIST/CIS standards
- Provide tier 3 support for security related concerns escalated from the Service Desk team
- Work as part security incident response team in assessing risks, conducting investigations and actioning response tasks
- Contribute to overall cyber security planning and continuous improvement roadmap
- Work with the wider ICT team to continuously enhance the cyber security environment
- Other ICT duties as required
Relationship Management and Collaboration
- Work as part of the infrastructure team in developing and maintaining a technical environment that is secure, highly available and fit for use.
- Work in collaboration with the ICT Service Delivery team and the other ICT Teams as required to support tier 3 security, incident management and problem management issues.
- Work with external vendors and other ICT Staff in delivering infrastructure related initiative.
- If applicable, to train, supervise and evaluate staff in their respective roles on the infrastructure team.
- If applicable, ensuring that the appropriate performance management frameworks are implemented for any assigned staff.
Health & Safety
- Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Please refer to the Candidate Information pack attached to this campaign for full and further detail.
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
- Have a third level qualification in ICT, Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ general experience in an ICT role covering network, server and cloud environments
- Have demonstrated expertise in general ICT areas such as networking, server administration and active directory
- Have a good understanding of information security systems and practices
- Knowledge of SIEM and experience of responding to security alert incidents
- Experience and demonstrated expertise in at least one area of security operations such as Network security, Anti Virus, Vulnerability, Threat Management and/or Intruder Detection Systems
- The requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability and professional ability) for the proper discharge of the duties of the office.
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good character.
Already Registered? Log in here
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application