Grade VII - Business Support Manager - Tusla Education Support Service (TESS)
|Heuston South Quarter, Saint John's Road West, Kilmainham, Dublin 8, Ireland|
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 23/05/2022||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 28/04/2022|
Details of Service
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for a range of statutory functions including provision of child protection, alternative care, specified regulatory services and a range of family support services. The Agency has commenced a major improvement programme with significant focus on Practice, Culture and Structure.
The Agency currently has responsibility for a budget in excess of €800m and delivers its services through circa 5,000 people in 350 locations across the Country.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
- Child Protection and Welfare
- Family Support
- Alternative Care
- Tusla Education Support Services (TESS)
- Domestic Sexual and General Based Violence (DSGBV)
- Children’s Service Regulation
- Counselling and Therapeutic Supports
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
Purpose of Role
The Tusla Education Support Service is a national service that holds the statutory responsibility for ensuring that all children attend school with two early intervention support services strands to support children to stay in education. These are the Home-School-Community-Liaison (HSCL) coordinators and the School Completion Programme (SCP).
The TESS Grade VII post will support the national management, coordination and strategic development of the Tusla Education Support Service. The post will support the coordination of supports to the TESS integrated Services Managers Team and will be a part of the Corporate Administration team.
The Tess Grade VII will have particular responsibility for coordination of the TESS central administrative functions nationally including data protection and processing, data/ information management, communications, procurement, HR, Health and Safety and Risk Management and training administration.
The TESS Grade VII post will assist with leading and directing the work of the members of the TESS central function and will take his/ her direction from the TESS Business Manager.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the administration of TESS central functions nationally.
- Administration support in relation to data protection processes and systems.
- Lead in maintenance of all TESS data systems and databases. Overall data information management within TESS (data System, Capture and analysis).
- Maintenance of agreed data reporting sets to DE and DECDIY and Tusla Board as required.
- Generating reports as required from all electronic and other data systems and developing presentations as requested.
- Coordinating and responding to FOIs and DSARs requests.
- Processing of all compliments, complaints, data breaches and incident reports.
- Maintenance of the service Risk Register.
- Represent the TESS Business manager when delegated by his/her at meetings of the Agency and other bodies to represent the views and agreed strategy of the TESS.
- Contribute to the development of policy within Child and Family especially in relation to TESS.
- Undertake tasks allocated by the TESS Business Manager including review, oversight and other initiatives.
- Information and/or data as requested by the Business Manage, including Key Performance Indicators, PQs
Education & Training
- Maintain standards of practice and levels of professional knowledge by participating in continuous professional development initiatives and attendance at courses as appropriate.
- Engage in career and professional development planning.
- Oversee the provision of a framework for the promotion of staff development and training by making recommendations with regard to the ongoing education, mentoring, training and in-service needs of administrative staff.
- Ensure policies and procedures are well documented and understood by staff within your section who are assigned to you.
- Support the preparation and issuing of office documentation (correspondence, reports etc) to the highest possible standard by monitoring and reviewing team work to ensure quality and accuracy.
- To promote a culture that values diversity and respect in the workplace.
- To provide assist with leadership and motivation conducive to good staff relations and work performance.
- Where appropriate establish and maintain records of attendance, statistical information, annual returns, and any other information as may be requested.
- Work as part of a team and to ensure that all members are treated with dignity and respect.
- Participate in the recruitment, retention and development of staff including training and continual assessment.
Health & Safety
- Support the TESS Regions to monitor, review and update Health and Safety statements and to ensure compliance with Tusla Health and Safety policies.
- Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Please refer to the Candidate Information pack attached to this campaign for full and further detail
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
- Be currently in employment with Tusla – Child and Family Agency, the HSE or within other statutory health agencies, or a body which provides services on behalf of the HSE under Section 38/39 of the Health Act 2004 or within a body that provides services on behalf of Tusla under Section 56 or Section 59 of the Child and Family Act 2013.
- Have at least 2 years’ administrative experience in a designated office within the services mentioned above
- Have at least 3 years’ management experience – managing staff, budgets and general
- Have experience and excellent knowledge of using Excel, Sharepoint and other data management systems
- Have experience of managing and responding to information/data requests e.g. FOI’s and DSARs.
- Possess sufficient administrative capacity to discharge the functions of the role
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good character.
Already Registered? Log in here
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application