Workforce Training & Development Officer, Grade VII
|1. Dublin NE – Nexus Building, Ballycoolin, Dublin 15 2. Kerry – Base to be determined|
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 30/05/2022||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 05/05/2022|
Details of Service
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for a range of statutory functions including provision of child protection, alternative care, specified regulatory services and a range of family support services. The Agency has commenced a major improvement programme with significant focus on Practice, Culture and Structure.
The Agency currently has responsibility for a budget in excess of €800m and delivers its services through circa 5,000 people in 350 locations across the Country.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
- Child Protection and Welfare
- Family Support
- Alternative Care
- Tusla Education Support Services (TESS)
- Domestic Sexual and General Based Violence (DSGBV)
- Children’s Service Regulation
- Counselling and Therapeutic Supports
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
Purpose of Role:
To design, develop, deliver and evaluate a range of Learning and Development interventions based on evidenced informed practice for children and families services within TUSLA.
Duties and Responsibilities
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Learning and Development
- Develop, plan and deliver a wide range of learning and development interventions for Tusla Child and Family Agency and other relevant stakeholders, using the most up-to-date approaches and methodologies.
- Conduct training needs analysis for Tusla staff as required
- Contribute to collaborative development of learning interventions, through engagement with subject matter experts, Digital Learning specialists and others as appropriate.
- Manage learning and development projects and processes as appropriate
- Review and evaluate learning and development interventions
- Represent Workforce Development on relevant working groups as required
- Contribute to the strategic planning function for Workforce Development
- Support continuous professional development plans for staff working in TUSLA
- Contribute to the accreditation and endorsement process for training and education programmes
- Work with academic and professional bodies and other relevant stakeholders in relation to learning and development
- Design and deliver training of trainers as appropriate
- Contribute to research in learning and development
- Act as a source of technical advice on learning and development
- Undertake necessary personal up-skilling to enhance learning and development service delivery
- General administration, engagement and communication with all relevant stakeholders as required in support of the Learning and Development function
- Ensure that Learning and Development activity records are accurately maintained and are made readily available to appropriate personnel
- Participate in the work planning process and to contribute to relevant reports as required
- Lead or participate in project work as required
- Co-ordinate and schedule learning and development interventions
- Use ICT systems and tools as required to support the Learning and Development function
- To observe strict rules of confidentiality on any information gained in their work (e.g. tender or commissioning process, HR processes, practice support etc)
Human Resources :
- Engage in supervision and other appropriate HR processes with assigned line manager
- Engage in regular staff meetings.
- To participate in performance evaluation / review, identifying areas for improvement and appropriate plans / measures to achieve them.
- To implement and comply with policies and procedures of the agency.
Education and Training
- To maintain continuous professional development and participate in team-based development, education, training and learning.
- To complete all mandatory training.
- Where appropriate, contribute to the induction and training of other staff.
Health & Safety
- Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Please refer to the Candidate Information pack attached to this campaign for full and further detail.
Eligibility Criteria Qualifications and / or Experience
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
- Be currently in employment with Tusla – Child and Family Agency, with the HSE or within other statutory health agencies, or a body which provides services on behalf of the HSE under Section 38/39 of the Health Act 2004 or within a body that provides services on behalf of Tusla under Section 56 of the Child and Family Act 2013
- A Quality and Qualifications Ireland Level 8 (or higher) major academic award (or equivalent qualification) in an education, training, social science, human resources, or health area.
- At least 3 years’ experience in the direct delivery of education, training and development interventions with adult learners. This experience should include needs analysis, design and development of training programmes, training delivery, evaluation etc.
- Have the requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability and management ability) for the proper discharge of the duties of the office
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good
Grade VII TDO Candidate Information Pack .pdf
Already Registered? Log in here
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application