Regional Business Manager - Midwest
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 20/06/2022||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 02/06/2022|
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for a range of statutory functions including provision of child protection, alternative care, specified regulatory services and a range of family support services. The Agency has commenced a major improvement programme with significant focus on Practice, Culture and Structure.
The Agency currently has responsibility for a budget in excess of €800m and delivers its services through circa 5,000 people in 350 locations across the Country.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
- Child Protection and Welfare
- Family Support
- Alternative Care
- Tusla Education Support Services (TESS)
- Domestic Sexual and General Based Violence (DSGBV)
- Children’s Service Regulation
- Counselling and Therapeutic Supports
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
Purpose of Role:
The post holder will promote the values and standards of the Agency and will ensure there is sufficient business management capacity in place for the services under the governance of the Regional Chief Officer
Deliver efficient, effective and safe services for staff and clients, within national frameworks and for the resources allocated.
The post holder will:
- Be accountable for the budget for services, monitor and control expenditure and headcount within agreed limits and initiate actions required to meet targets.
- Manage relevant regional staff related to business support functions.
- Prepare financial and meet headcount estimates for delivery of existing service and service developments through the business plan.
- Ensure all targets in the business plan under the regional office are tracked and progressed.
- Identify potential for savings through more efficient practices and innovation.
- Ensure that services are in line with Tusla and area priorities and that they are properly managed over a range of performance measures, including resources, objectives, activity and consumer satisfaction.
- Develop and co-ordinate the implementation of systems of performance management within the objectives and performance management targets set.
- Co-ordinate the development and implementation of responsibility structures which reflect the multi-disciplinary nature of the child and family services and provide clear lines of accountability and responsibility.
- Develop appropriate business processes relevant to the environment of the Regional Chief Officer.
- Work with other Tusla Senior Managers and offices to manage the adequate briefing and appropriate written responses of the Regional Chief Officer for internal and external engagement.
- Source and provide briefings to the Regional Chief Officer for conducting internal and external engagements.
- Provide business support and attendance with the Regional Chief Officer in external engagements as required.
- Ensure adequate business management support in Regional Chief Officer meetings and engagements.
Lead the development of effective relationships and structures across all settings
The post holder will:
- Ensure the development of relationships and communications with internal and external stakeholders to optimise the potential for effective and efficient service delivery.
- Communicate as required, which will include public relations and engagement with local and national media, government departments and the political system.
- Lead the development of effective relationships between the national office and relevant services at a regional and local level.
- Build strong relationships with regional counterparts, area managers and key staff in Tusla.
The post holder will support the Regional Chief Officer in the reconfiguration of services as agreed under the Tusla reform programme and ensure that there are robust quality and safety systems in place
The post holder will:
- Ensure the management of relevant risks and implementation of best business practice including implementing relevant audit findings in accordance with Tusla policies, or those of external standard bodies e.g. C&AG; HIQA; Internal Audit.
Education & Training
The post holder will:
- Maintain standards of practice and levels of professional knowledge by participating in continuous professional development initiatives and attendance at courses as appropriate.
Health & Safety
- Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
- A third level qualification relevant to the delivery of the requirements of role at a minimum level 8.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Senior Manager level in the Health Services, Social Service, Local Authority or the Community and Voluntary Sector, as relevant to the role.
- Have a proven track record of achievement as a leader and manager in the Health / Social Services.
- Have delivered large scale change programmes across a range of services and involving multiple stakeholder or professional groups.
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good character
Already Registered? Log in here
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application