Grade V - Staff Officer – Office of the Director of Services and Integration
|It is the intention of Tusla Recruit to form a panel in order of merit for each location below, make your choice based on the location you would most like to work in. You may only select 1 location for this process. • Limerick • Brunel Building Dublin|
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 04/07/2022||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 16/06/2022|
Details of service:
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for a range of statutory functions including provision of child protection, alternative care, specified regulatory services and a range of family support services. The Agency has commenced a major improvement programme with significant focus on Practice, Culture and Structure. The Agency currently has responsibility for a budget in excess of €800m and delivers its services through circa 5,000 people in 350 locations across the Country.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
- Child Protection and Welfare
- Family Support
- Alternative Care
- Tusla Education Support Services (TESS)
- Domestic Sexual and General Based Violence (DSGBV)
- Children’s Service Regulation
- Counselling and Therapeutic Supports
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
The National Director of Services and Integration has delegated responsibility for the operational management, oversight, and accountability of specified operational services within the agency, working through the governance framework of Regional and National Operations Service Directors and reporting directly to the CEO. This position serves as a crucial member of the Office of the National Director of Services and Integration, assisting the National Director in carrying out their authorized responsibilities.
Purpose of role:
The successful candidate will deliver a cohesive administrative and clerical support to the Office of the Director of Services and Integration and to the National Director.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To deliver a cohesive administrative and clerical support to the Director of Services and Integration
- On behalf of the Director of Services and Integration, liaise and communicate with key senior personnel both internal to Tusla and from external organisations such as the Department for Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth, HSE, An Garda Siochana, the Office of the Ombudsman, the office of the Ombudsman for Children and HIQA.
- To liaise with service users on sensitive and personal matters with empathy and consideration.
- Resource allocation and management within the Office
- Establish and maintain tracking systems for incoming and outgoing actions and tasks for the Office of the Director of Service and Integration
- Collation of data for and production of monthly and quarterly service reports for the areas of responsibility of the Director of Services and Integration
- Management and processing of FOI, Complaints and PQ responses
- Collection, management and analysis of required data and metrics
- Provide practical help with and facilitation of training events, regional workshops etc.
- Maintain own knowledge of relevant procedures, practices, and legislation to perform the role effectively and to ensure standards are met.
- Maintain confidentiality of documentation, records etc
- Ensure consistent adherence to procedures within area of responsibility.
- Carry out any other tasks as directed by the Line Manager
General Administrative Duties:
- Support the monitoring and control of resources in accordance with Tusla’s Financial Regulations.
- The efficient day-to-day administration of area of responsibility
- Organizing teleconferences and multi- media meetings
- Recording of meetings as required
- Ensure appropriate records are maintained as required.
- Promote good working practices and uniformity of standards.
- Work within the parameters of all relevant legislation and internal Tusla policies, procedures and guidance.
- Establish and maintain strong and positive communication with other Tusla directorates and stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain links between Tusla and other agencies to support service delivery and learning in service user experience matters.
- Represent line manager when requested.
- Use appropriate technology to ensure work completed to a high standard
- Promote and participate in the implementation of any change management programme.
- Contribute to the maintenance of a safe working environment in line with health and safety legislation.
- To supervise, allocate and oversee the work of assigned administrative staff
- Encourage and support staff through change processes
- Pay close and accurate detail to own personal work
- Support the preparation and issuing of office documentation (correspondence, reports etc) to the highest possible standard.
- Co-operate and work in harmony with other teams and disciplines.
- Ensure line management is kept informed of all issues.
- Ensure that archives and records are accurate and readily available.
Education and Training
- To maintain continuous personal development and participate in team based development, education, training and learning.
- To complete all mandatory training.
- Where appropriate, arrange for the induction and training for assigned staff, as required to maximise skill resources, (to include workplace experience placements where applicable).
- Where appropriate, provide supervision and assist in the development of knowledge, skills of relevant staff under your supervision.
- To participate in performance evaluation / review, identifying areas for improvement and appropriate plans / measures to achieve them.
- To ensure policies and procedures exist for all areas.
Health & Safety
- Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Please refer to the Candidate Information pack attached to this campaign for full and further detail.
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
- Be currently in employment with Tusla – Child and Family Agency , the HSE or within other statutory health agencies, or a body which provides services on behalf of the HSE under Section 38/39 of the Health Act 2004 or within a body that provides services on behalf of Tusla under Section 56 or Section 59 of the Child and Family Act 2013.
- Minimum 2 years’ administrative experience in a designated office within the service mentioned above
- Strong IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Teams
- Have strong experience of working with senior staff both internal and external to Tusla or in a similar public sector environment
- Experience in minute taking and reporting writing
- Proven experience working towards set deadlines in a dynamic and busy office environment and possess sufficient administrative capacity to discharge the functions of the grade/post
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good
Already Registered? Log in here
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application