Grade VII- Business Support Manager, South East
|Tusla Offices, Ely Hospital, Wexford|
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 11/07/2022||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 23/06/2022|
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for a range of statutory functions including provision of child protection, alternative care, specified regulatory services and a range of family support services. The Agency has commenced a major improvement programme with significant focus on Practice, Culture and Structure.
The Agency currently has responsibility for a budget in excess of €800m and delivers its services through circa 5,000 people in 350 locations across the Country.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
- Child Protection and Welfare
- Family Support
- Alternative Care
- Tusla Education Support Services (TESS)
- Domestic Sexual and General Based Violence (DSGBV)
- Children’s Service Regulation
- Counselling and Therapeutic Supports
Further information is available on http://www.tusla.ie
Purpose of Role:
The purpose of this post is to effectively support the work of the Regional Chief Officer/Senior Manager in all matters pertaining to Child and Family Services within the Service Area.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To manage the interface with the Area Manager’s Office and the various services within the area with a view to facilitating good communication and understanding the respective roles.
- To manage the interface between the Area Manager’ Office and the management team and to provide a high level of administrative support as required.
- To help establish and maintain links between TUSLA and HSE colleagues to support service delivery.
- Take special responsibility for meeting deadlines for internal and external communications including HIQA.
- To support the Area Manager in his/her lead roles across the service area and nationally which includes setting and delivering strategic objectives as required.
- Promote and participate in the implementation of any change management programme.
- Responsible for day to day management/ overseeing of administrative support staff in the area.
- Management of Capital and Minor projects and maintenance of premises in conjunction with Estates and service managers.
- Management of Area Estates and ancillary functions.
- Provide support to the regarding Estates, ICT, Procurement and Capital Developments as required.
- Responsible for coordinating all PQ’s and public representative requests received within the region and providing a regional oversight to all responses issued and liaise with the national office as appropriate.
- Work with the Area’s Quality, Risk & Service Improvement Manager to progress the agenda within the region.
- Assist in the management and have oversight of the areas compliance with Health and Safety Legislation.
- To create a positive working environment, which contributes to maintaining and enhancing effective working relationships.
- Undertake projects as delegated by the Area Manager.
- Assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of service plans.
- Keep up to date with policy and legislative developments relevant to the post.
Education & Training
- Maintain standards of practice and levels of professional knowledge by participating in continuous professional development initiatives and attendance at courses as appropriate.
- Engage in career and professional development planning.
- Oversee the provision of a framework for the promotion of staff development and training by making recommendations with regard to the ongoing education, mentoring, training and in-service needs of the inspection and monitoring team
- Ensure policies and procedures are well documented and understood by staff within your section who are assigned to you.
- Support the preparation and issuing of office documentation (correspondence, reports etc) to the highest possible standard by monitoring and reviewing team work to ensure quality and accuracy.
- To promote a culture that values diversity and respect in the workplace.
- To provide assist with leadership and motivation conducive to good staff relations and work performance.
- Where appropriate establish and maintain records of attendance, statistical information, annual returns, and any other information as may be requested.
- Work as part of a team and to ensure that all members are treated with dignity and respect.
- Participate in the recruitment, retention and development of staff including training and continual assessment.
Health & Safety
- Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
- Be currently in employment with Tusla – Child and Family Agency, the HSE or within other statutory health agencies, or a body which provides services on behalf of the HSE under Section 38/39 of the Health Act 2004 or within a body that provides services on behalf of Tusla under Section 56 or Section 59 of the Child and Family Act 2013.
- Have at least 2 years’ administrative experience in a designated office within the services mentioned above
- Have at least 3 years’ management experience – managing staff, budgets and general administration
Possess sufficient administrative capacity to discharge the functions of the role
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good
Already Registered? Log in here
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application