Grade IV Tusla Recruit
|Tusla, Brunel Building, Heuston South Quarter, Dublin 8|
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 15/08/2022||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 28/07/2022|
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for a range of statutory functions including provision of child protection, alternative care, specified regulatory services and a range of family support services. The Agency has commenced a major improvement programme with significant focus on Practice, Culture and Structure.
The Agency currently has responsibility for a budget in excess of €800m and delivers its services through circa 5,000 people in 350 locations across the Country.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
- Child Protection and Welfare
- Family Support
- Alternative Care
- Tusla Education Support Services (TESS)
- Domestic Sexual and Gender Based Violence (DSGBV)
- Children’s Service Regulation
- Counselling and Therapeutic Supports
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administration support to the regional and corporate recruitment team on ongoing projects ensuring efficiency
- Maintain and update applicant/candidate tracker information on applicant tracking spreadsheets
- Assist with the pre-interview preparation and interview scheduling. Booking rooms and organise catering
- Assist with pre-employment screening of successful candidates and the on-boarding process of new hires
- Support with the preparation and issuing of relevant documentation
- Collect and collate documentation for personnel files of new employees=
- Prepare weekly activity reports for regional and corporate management on information relevant to the process
- Effectively handle direct enquiries– assessing, recording and passing on queries, ensuring that such enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner and responses recorded to ensure the efficient day-to-day administration of the process
- Provide practical help with training events, regional workshops etc.
- Ensure that all records are accurate and readily available
- Ensure consistent adherence to relevant legislation and procedures within area of responsibilityContribute to a process of continuous process improvement within the office
- Ensure the management and maintenance of all records in an orderly and secure manner. Use appropriate technology to ensure work is completed to a high standard and engage in ICT developments as they apply to service administration.
- Maintain confidentiality of documentation, records etc
- Carry out any other associated tasks as directed by designated manager
- Ensure the efficient day-to-day administration of area of responsibility.
- Maintain own knowledge of relevant procedures, practices and legislation to perform the role effectively and to ensure standards are met by own team.
- Ensure the management and maintenance of all records in an orderly and secure manner.
- To plan and organise work of the department/section
- Meet the deadlines for time and attendance entry, specifically the weekly entry deadlines in a timely and effective manner
- To keep informed of relevant legislation, regulations, guidelines
- To enhance internal and external service delivery by good communications
- Work as part of a team and to ensure that all members are treated with dignity and respect.
- Ensure policies and procedures are well documented and understood by staff within your section.
- Support the preparation and issuing of office documentation (Correspondence, reports etc) to the highest possible standard by monitoring and reviewing team work to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Where appropriate to supervise and ensure the well-being of assigned staff.
- Where appropriate manage attendance and absenteeism.
- To promote a culture that values diversity and respect in the workplace.
- To provide assist with leadership and motivation conducive to good staff relations and work performance.
Health & Safety
- Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
- Be currently in employment with Tusla – Child and Family Agency or The Health Service Executive.
- Have administrative experience relevant to the role.
- Have obtained a pass (Grade D) in at least five subjects from the approved list of subjects in the Department of Education Leaving Certificate Examination, including Mathematics and English or Irish1. Candidates should have obtained at least Grade C on higher level papers in three subjects in that examination.
- Have completed a relevant examination at a comparable standard in any equivalent 5 examinations in another jurisdiction.
- Hold a comparable and relevant third level qualification of at least level 6 on the National Qualifications Framework maintained by Qualifications and Quality Ireland, (QQI).
- Have a good level of proficiency of Microsoft Office; Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Possess sufficient and relevant administrative capacity to discharge the functions of the grade/post.
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good character.
Already Registered? Log in here
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application