Grade VII – Service Experience & Feedback Team, Quality and Regulation
|Heuston South Quarter, Saint John's Road West, Kilmainham, Dublin 8, Ireland|
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Other||Maternity Leave Cover|
|Closing Date: 03/10/2022||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 15/09/2022|
Details of service
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for a range of statutory functions including provision of child protection, alternative care, specified regulatory services and a range of family support services. The Agency has commenced a major improvement programme with significant focus on Practice, Culture and Structure.
The Agency currently has responsibility for a budget in excess of €800m and delivers its services through circa 5,000 people in 350 locations across the Country.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
- Child Protection and Welfare
- Family Support
- Alternative Care
- Tusla Education Support Services (TESS)
- Domestic Sexual and Gender Based Violence (DSGBV)
- Children’s Service Regulation
- Counselling and Therapeutic Supports
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
Purpose of Role
This is a senior administrative managerial post. Successful candidates will be required to:
- Support service directors and their staff in their implementation of statutory requirements, national standards and Tusla policies procedures and guidance in relation to service user experiences.
- Assist in the development and delivery of service user experience programmes that put the individual at the heart of services and reflect Tusla’s corporate values as outlined in its Corporate Plan 2021-2023
- Establish a consistent, coherent and managed approach to dealing with service user experience within Tusla - Child and Family Agency.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of best practice models of service experience and feedback in the Child and Family services
- Contribute to wider Service Experience, Governance and Risk support as needed
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Play a lead role in the implementation of Tusla’s feedback and complaints policy and procedures.
- Provide the Complaint and Feedback Operations Manager with information relating to service user experience.
- Quality assure and audit the Tusla service user experience processes in terms of statutory and policy requirements and best practice.
- Identify and analyse any trends in the complaints, reviews and other service user experience processes and liaise with local and regional managers accordingly
- Identify and remediate any emergent risks, escalate where appropriate.
- Ensure communications from the Office of the Ombudsman and Ombudsman for Children Office are responded to within required time frames.
- Track the implementation of the recommendations of complaints, reviews, and statements from oversight bodies including the Office of the Ombudsman, Ombudsman for Children and other service user experience processes
- Liaise appropriately with and assist other Tusla directorates in relation to service user experience processes
- Contribute to wider Service Experience, Governance and Risk support as needed.
- Line manage staff where required
Support to Staff and Service Areas
- Provide advice and support to Tusla Complaints and Review Officers and act as their main point of contact
- Champion the Tusla service user experience policy and procedures with Tusla staff, and provide briefings and training where required.
- Ensure that all complaints and review officers have received appropriate designation
- Ensure that all complaints and review officers have received appropriate training
- Liaise with stakeholders within Tusla and our partner organisations
- Assist Service Areas in relation to complaint reviews (which could include conducting reviews in partnership with or on behalf of the service area)
- Participate in the development and delivery of briefings and training
- Lead out on and implement consumer participation projects as assigned by the Complaints and Feedback Operations Manager in relation to quality assurance services
- Coordinate and assist in data gathering and analysis on consumer participation
- Provide feedback and reports to the Complaints and Feedback operations manager as required
- Contribute to the development of new service user experience initiatives, appropriate policies and procedures for dealing with service user feedback.
- Contribute to the review of Tusla policies to ensure that the service user voice is reflected there in
- Contribute to the preparation of an annual report for the minister (Section 70)
Assist in the development of a culture of learning within the Agency:
- Engage with service users with a view to learning from their experiences and improving the quality of services.
- Develop and implement a support and learning network for complaint and review officers
- Liaise with workforce development about training needs
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement and implementation of a support and learning programme for staff on the complaints and feedback model of the National Incident Management System (NIMS)
- Engage in risk identification and incident management
- Identify training needs for Tusla staff as a result of recommendations from complaints and reviews or other service user experience processes
- Coordinate the collation, monitoring, interpretation and reporting of performance indicators/statistics etc., on a planned basis.
- Share the learning derived from the analysis of service user feedback and complaints and other service user experience activities
- Contribute to complaints management casebook
- Contribute to research as required
- Work in conjunction with the Quality Assurance, Complaints and Feedback Operations Manager and Tusla communications on website and intranet development
- Contribute to the development and design of standardised information services, e.g., publications, information advice and support centres, information lines
General administrative duties
- Support the monitoring and control of resources in accordance with Tusla’s Financial Regulations.
- Ensure appropriate records are maintained as required.
- Promote good working practices and uniformity of standards.
- Work within the parameters of all relevant legislation and internal Tusla policies, procedures and guidance.
- Assist in the development and implementation of business and service plans
- Undertake projects as delegated by line manager.
- Coordinate data access requests related to the service experience and feedback team
- Establish and maintain strong and positive communication with other Tusla directorates and stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain links between Tusla and other agencies to support service delivery and learning in service user experience matters
- Represent line manager when requested
- Support the Complaints and Feedback Operations Manager.
- Promote and participate in the implementation of any change management programme.
- Contribute to the maintenance of a safe working environment in line with health and safety legislation
- Management of capital and minor projects and maintenance of premises in conjunction with estates and service managers where relevant.
- Management of estates and ancillary functions where relevant.
- Contribute to the work of the Service Experience Governance and Risk unit.
Education and Training
- Maintain continuous professional development and participate in team-based development, education, training and learning.
- Complete all mandatory training.
- Where appropriate, arrange for the induction and training for staff, as required (including work experience placements where applicable).
- Where appropriate, assist in the development of knowledge, skills of relevant staff.
- Participate in performance evaluation and review, identifying areas for improvement and appropriate plans and measures to achieve them.
Health & Safety
- Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Please refer to the Candidate Information pack attached to this campaign for full and further detail.
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
- Candidates must be in employment with Tusla – Child and Family Agency, the HSE or within other statutory health agencies, or a body which provides services on behalf of the HSE under Section 38 of the Health Act 2004 or within a body that provides services on behalf of Tusla under Section 56 or Section 59 of the Child and Family Act 2013.
- Have at least 3 years’ experience working with Tusla – Child and Family Agency, the HSE or within other statutory health agencies, or a body which provides services on behalf of the HSE under Section 38 of the Health Act 2004 or within a body that provides services on behalf of Tusla under Section 56 or Section 59 of the Child and Family Act 2013.
- Have at least 3 years management / supervisory experience
- Possess sufficient administrative capacity to discharge the functions of the grade/post.
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good character.
Already Registered? Log in here
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application