Human Resource Manager, National and Corporate Services, GM
|Heuston South Quarter, Saint John's Road West, Kilmainham, Dublin 8, Ireland|
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 10/10/2022||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 22/09/2022|
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for a range of statutory functions including provision of child protection, alternative care, specified regulatory services and a range of family support services. The Agency has commenced a major improvement programme with significant focus on Practice, Culture and Structure.
The Agency currently has responsibility for a budget in excess of €800m and delivers its services through circa 5,000 people in 350 locations across the Country.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
- Child Protection and Welfare
- Family Support
- Alternative Care
- Tusla Education Support Services (TESS)
- Domestic Sexual and Gender Based Violence (DSGBV)
- Children’s Service Regulation
- Counselling and Therapeutic Supports
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
Purpose of Role:
The post holder is responsible for the delivery and implementation of best practice HR services within the Corporate and National Services, including management and guidance in relation to HR, IR/ER best practice.
Working with the Management Team/s, the HR Manager will provide guidance on HR Strategies, policy and governance on people related matters to influence, monitor and support the changing structure and workforce, with a focus on change management, workforce planning and capability building.
Provide HR, IR/ER management to the Corporate and National teams in the delivery of the organisational strategy in line with legislation, government policy and the People Strategy 2022-2024 to ensure the seamless integrated delivery of services within the agency
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership & Direction
- Ensure that the agreed HR standards, practices, policies and procedures are in operation across the Service
- Ensure the implementation of Tusla Corporate and Business Plans and People and Change Strategy in support of the development and deployment of human resources within the Service to achieve service objectives
- Provide leadership to ensure the HR policies, programmes and activities in the Service are aligned to the corporate vision and goals
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategies that promote Tusla – Child and Family Agency as an employer of choice to attract highly competent staff with the appropriate skill mix to deliver services
- Assist in the development of an organisational culture that values people, their skills, ideas and contributions
- Champion change and innovation and communicate the vision of change within the Region to ensure understanding and buy-in
- Contribute to the national corporate agenda on HR matters as appropriate
Provide expert HR, Employee Relations and Industrial Relations support, advice,
- direction and guidance to the Services Management Team on all HR policies and procedures in respect of their individual teams to ensure compliance with best practice on employment policies, procedures and relevant legislation
- Working with the Regional/National HR teams in implementing HR systems and processes that support corporate objectives through performance achievement and good governance
- Assist in the roll-out of HR Strategies across the Service in support of the organisational business plan and strategic goals
- Provide communication to and feedback from Corporate HR Directorate on the effectiveness of HR in all areas across the region and work with Regional HR colleagues to action feedback
- Work collaboratively with all HR Management colleagues in each of the other Regions and Services to ensure consistency in approach and support to the HR Management Teams
- Support the delivery of accurate and up to date reporting through data analysis, HR evidence-based research in line with Corporate and Regional HR Management needs and DCEDIY/DPER requirements
- Liaise with and develop good relations with other external bodies/agencies in the context of employee relations developments and best practice
- Develop relationship and engage proactively with Trade Union
- Maintain good Irish Industrial Relations systems together by implementing and managing proactive employee relations programmes, including dealing with third parties.
Education and Training
- Participate in mandatory training programmes.
- Pursue continuous professional development in to develop professional knowledge and keep updated with current and relevant HR legislation.
- Provide training with the team and region to share knowledge of relevant HR Procedures/ Processes.
- Identify and roll out appropriate training on HR policies.
Health & Safety
- Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Please refer to the Candidate Information pack attached to this campaign for full and further detail
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
- Hold a third level qualification as relevant to the role.
- At least 3 years senior management experience in a Human Resource management role with experience of delivery and implementation of a range of HR strategies and the provision of advice and guidance on HR, IR/ER best practice.
- Have an excellent working knowledge of all aspects of HR (both policy and operational) preferably in a large and complex organisation comparative to Tusla
- Have experience with Irish Industrial Relations systems together with experience of implementing and managing proactive employee relations programmes, including dealing with third parties.
- A proven ability to manage and deliver effective HR strategies with a demonstrated capacity to achieve results through cross-sectoral working
- A track record of delivering significant change in a complex multi stakeholder environment, as relevant to this role.
- Have the requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability and management ability) for the proper discharge of the duties of the office.
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good character
Already Registered? Log in here
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application