** Updated Eligibility Criteria & Extended Closing Date ** Grade V - DNC
|Dublin North City|
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 20/02/2023||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 19/01/2023|
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for a range of statutory functions including provision of child protection, alternative care, specified regulatory services and a range of family support services. The Agency has commenced a major improvement programme with significant focus on Practice, Culture and Structure.
The Agency currently has responsibility for a budget in excess of €800m and delivers its services through circa 5,000 people in 350 locations across the Country.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
- Child Protection and Welfare
- Family Support
- Alternative Care
- Tusla Education Support Services (TESS)
- Domestic Sexual and Gender Based Violence (DSGBV)
- Children’s Service Regulation
- Counselling and Therapeutic Supports
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
To deliver a cohort and cohesive administrative and clerical support to the Senior Management Team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To deliver a cohort and cohesive administrative and clerical support to the Senior Management Team
- Organizing teleconferences and multi- media meetings,
- Resource allocation and management
- Management of FOI, Complaints and other Admin duties
- The efficient day-to-day administration of area of responsibility
- Collection and management of required data and metrics
- Recording of meetings as required
- Provide practical help with training events, regional workshops etc.
- Carry out any other tasks as directed by the Line Manager
- Maintain own knowledge of relevant procedures, practices and legislation to perform the role effectively and to ensure standards are met.
- Use appropriate technology to ensure work completed to a high standard
- Ensure that archives and records are accurate and readily available.
- Maintain confidentiality of documentation, records etc
- Ensure consistent adherence to procedures within area of responsibility.
- Ensure that service-users are treated with dignity and respect.
- Management of Petty Cash and/or procurement card systems.
- To supervise, allocate and oversee the work of assigned administrative staff
- Encourage and support staff through change processes
- Pay close and accurate detail to own personal work
- Support the preparation and issuing of office documentation (correspondence, reports etc) to the highest possible standard.
- Co-operate and work in harmony with other teams and disciplines.
- Ensure line management is kept informed of all issues.
Education and Training
- To maintain continuous personal development and participate in team based development, education, training and learning.
- To complete all mandatory training.
- Where appropriate, arrange for the induction and training for assigned staff, as required to maximise skill resources, (to include workplace experience placements where applicable).
- Where appropriate, provide supervision and assist in the development of knowledge, skills of relevant staff under your supervision.
- To participate in performance evaluation / review, identifying areas for improvement and appropriate plans / measures to achieve them.
- To ensure policies and procedures exist for all areas.
Health & Safety
- Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
- The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Please refer to the Candidate Information pack attached to this campaign for full and further detail
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
- Be currently in employment with Tusla – Child and Family Agency
- Have at least 2 years’ administrative experience in a designated office within the service mentioned above.
- Possess sufficient administrative capacity to discharge the functions of the grade/post
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good
Already Registered? Log in here
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application