Grade V ICT Technical Support South West and Mid-West
|Cork, Limerick and Clare|
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 07/02/2023||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 19/01/2023|
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for a range of statutory functions including provision of child protection, alternative care, specified regulatory services and a range of family support services. The Agency has commenced a major improvement programme with significant focus on Practice, Culture and Structure.
The Agency currently has responsibility for a budget in excess of €800m and delivers its services through circa 5,000 people in 350 locations across the Country.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
- Child Protection and Welfare
- Family Support
- Alternative Care
- Tusla Education Support Services (TESS)
- Domestic Sexual and Gender Based Violence (DSGBV)
- Children’s Service Regulation
- Counselling and Therapeutic Supports
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
About Tusla ICT
Tusla has one of the largest ICT networks in the Public Service with almost 5,000 users in over 300 locations. Tulsa ICT provide the innovation and systems required to support Tusla in delivering its services and achieving its business and strategic objectives. The ICT team are responsible for delivering the following functions: ICT Networks, Server and Cloud management; Application Development and Support; Data and Information Management; Cyber Security; ICT Service and ICT Programme Management.
The Technical Support Officer will work as part of the ICT Service Delivery team in delivering application support, desktop support, account management and device support to our users. The role will also work as part of the local ICT teams in delivering system upgrades, technology refresh, office setups\moves and other projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop expertise in core areas of ICT service such as application support, desktop support and user setups
- Handle and manage support tickets on the ICT service desk
- Work as part of a team in delivering service-related projects such as system upgrades, technology refresh projects and office setups\moves
- Managing the administration of joiners, leavers and movers in the Area
- Work on the Tusla ICT tech hub in providing drop-in tech help services at national, regional and local events
Relationship Management and Collaboration
- Works as part of the ICT service team in the delivery of high quality support service to users
- Works in collaboration with other ICT teams as required to support the transition of new services to the service desk and to assist in the delivery of ICT projects as required
- Interact with users in a helpful and responsive manner to understand their requirements and provide the service required
- Contribute to the team environment and culture in providing excellent service to users
Health & Safety
- Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good character.
Candidate Information Pack Jan 2023.pdf
Already Registered? Log in here
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application