Social Care Worker - National Private Placement Team - Co. Kildare
|Curragh, County Kildare, Ireland|
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 20/03/2023||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 02/03/2023|
Details of Service
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for a range of statutory functions including provision of child protection, alternative care, specified regulatory services and a range of family support services. The Agency has commenced a major improvement programme with significant focus on Practice, Culture and Structure.
The Agency currently has responsibility for a budget in excess of €800m and delivers its services through circa 5,000 people in 350 locations across the Country.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
- Child Protection and Welfare
- Family Support
- Alternative Care
- Tusla Education Support Services (TESS)
- Domestic Sexual and Gender Based Violence (DSGBV)
- Children’s Service Regulation
- Counselling and Therapeutic Supports
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
Purpose of Role:
To purpose of this role is to manage an administrative social care referral and placement process which ensures that all information is gathered and clearly documented which ultimately enables identification of a suitable residential placement as requested by a referring social work team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support placement referrals along the referral pathway in order to source suitable residential placement from available resources to NPPT.
- To gather, review and analyse information received.
- To make clear, concise and timely decisions based on the information available which will support identification of a suitable placement (e.g., Emergency, Medium- or Long-Term provision).
- Provide regular updates to social care managers or other management as required which might impact on any aspect of the referral pathway.
- To work collaboratively with all professional stakeholders involved in a network in order to ensure the most appropriate placement is identified.
- To provide frequent updates to social work teams on placement availability and progress of referrals throughout the entire process or as requested for court or other meetings.
- To ensure all required documentation is in place in line with internal National Private Placement protocols, relevant policies and legislation.
- To provide support to contracted care providers and social work departments which support and maintain a residential placement for a child/ young person.
- Ensure the appropriate and effective management and use of resources within the service.
- To comply with approved budgetary procedures and ensure appropriate financial information is provided to Line Manager.
- To attend and participate in team meetings.
- To report and escalate any identified risks including within the referral information and placements of young people.
- To provide written and verbal reports/statistics/data as required to the line manager.
- To implement the Child and Family Agency’s procedures and policies.
- To perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Participate in working within a team centred consistent approach.
- Deputise for social care leader/management as and when required.
Training & Professional Development
- Participate in regular professional supervision.
- Participate in further training and development as required.
- Undertake ongoing professional training and development.
- Keep abreast of current legislation and current professional childcare knowledge.
- Be responsible for own health and wellbeing in order to carry out the duties of the role / is committed to managing own work / life balance.
Administration and Accountability:
- To attend team meetings and to report to the Social Care Leader / Manager on matters affecting the delivery of service.
- To be accountable for any money spent on behalf of the Child and Family Agency during the course of duty.
- To make written and verbal reports to the Social Care Leader / Manager on a regular Deputise for social care leader/management as and when required.
Health & Safety
- Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
i) Ordinary Bachelor's Degree in Childcare awarded by a recognised body (Level 7 on the National Framework of Qualifications) or the National Diploma in Childcare awarded by HETAC / DIT
ii) Ordinary Bachelor’s Degree in Applied Social Care Studies awarded by a recognised body (Level 7 on the National Framework of Qualifications) or the National Diploma in Applied Social Care Studies awarded by HETAC / DIT
iii) Ordinary Bachelor’s Degree in Social Care awarded by a recognised body (Level 7 on the National Framework of Qualifications) or the Diploma in Social Care awarded by HETAC / DIT
iv) Diploma in Applied Social Studies / Social Care from DIT
v) Ordinary Bachelor's Degree in Social Care Practice awarded by a recognised body (Level 7
on the National Framework of Qualifications)
vi) Ordinary Bachelor's Degree in Applied Social Studies (Disabilities) awarded by a recognised body (Level 7 on the National Framework of Qualifications) or the National Diploma in Applied Social Studies (Disabilities), The Open Training College (HETAC Accredited)
vii) an equivalent Social Care qualification from another jurisdiction
b) a suitable standard of professional attainments
c) the requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability and ability) for the proper discharge of the duties of office
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good character.
Candidate Information Pack SCW NPPT Mar 2023.pdf
Already Registered? Log in here
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application