***** Extending Closing Date******General Manager – Regional Finance Manager Dublin Mid Leinster -
|The initial vacancy is in Vista, Naas, Co. Kildare or Trinity Building, Southern Cross, Bray, Co. Wicklow – minimum 2 days a week in Naas. The future vacancies may arise across Tusla Area / Region of DML.|
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 10/04/2023||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 09/03/2023|
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for a range of statutory functions including provision of child protection, alternative care, specified regulatory services and a range of family support services. The Agency has commenced a major improvement programme with significant focus on Practice, Culture and Structure.
The Agency currently has responsibility for a budget in excess of €800m and delivers its services through circa 5,000 people in 350 locations across the Country.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
- Child Protection and Welfare
- Family Support
- Alternative Care
- Tusla Education Support Services (TESS)
- Domestic Sexual and Gender Based Violence (DSGBV)
- Children’s Service Regulation
- Counselling and Therapeutic Supports
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
Purpose of Role: To provide a comprehensive financial management and accounting service for the Tusla, Child and Family Agency, Finance Team which ensures that resources are well managed and that proper financial and accounting process are in place; specifically but not solely in the area of Staff Budget Management and Costing but also in the areas of Quality Assurance, Internal Control, Customer Service and support to Operations and Planning.
To also work with Regional Chief Officers, Area Managers and their staff and liaise closely with service staff in the areas of finance processes. They will also maintain an on-going working relationship with area and corporate finance department staff.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Support the delivery of efficient, effective and safe services for staff and clients, within national frameworks and for the resources allocated.
- Support the National Director of Finance and Corporate Services in the performance of the finance function of the Directorate.
- Preparation, profiling and updating of the detailed annual budget (following consultation with senior management).
- Agree budget outline and monitoring process with all budget holders/line managers
- Preparation of the regional and Area monthly financial performance reports including commentary.
- Provide accurate monthly/annual financial information on a regular and timely basis
- To highlight, with recommended remedial corrective action, areas of financial variances to the Regional Chief Officer and Area Managers, following the provision of monthly financial performance reports to all senior managers
- Manage teams of Finance Directorate staff.
- Support innovation in the delivery of services.
- Lead out on the delivery of relevant service and reporting functions in partnership with service managers and business partners.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with key internal and external partners in implementing the broader programme of services and activities.
- Co-ordinate the implementation of standardised financial processes, financial regulations, internal controls and compliance checks.
- Manage information and communications systems and flows across the Region/Area.
- Develop and maintain a strong focus on both internal and external communications relevant to the work of the functional area.
- Manage and provide leadership and direction for the Finance team in the delivery of effective, efficient, and quality services.
- Undertake direct project management of key financial projects.
- Ensure services are delivered to a high-quality standard maximising the output for the Directorate.
- To develop, maintain, update and efficiently operate in conjunction with appropriate Officers, the management and cost accounting systems
- Input to financial aspects of service level agreements with funded organisations including the ongoing financial monitoring and annual review of accounts
- Support achievement of value for money.
- Involvement in the specification and local implementation of new financial systems.
- Quality assuring the day to day management and control of financial processes.
- Deal with internal and external audit queries as required.
- To co-ordinate the collation of the activity data collection process locally and with those organisations with service level agreements.
- To advise and assist Senior Management in relation to compliance with the Financial Procedures and Regulations.
- To work with Senior Management on all new initiatives/ developments/ projects which have a financial implication, and having conducted a financial appraisal of same, to recommend, or otherwise the financial feasibility of the new initiative/ development/ project.
- To advise and assist in relation to compliance with the Financial Procedures, relevant Legislation (e.g. Tax), Accounting Standards and Regulations of Tusla.
- Assist on preparation of Business Cases and annual estimates.
- Test and implement financial controls.
- To keep updated with new developments in management and accounting systems.
- To undertake any other duties as delegated by National Director of Finance and Corporate Services.
Health & Safety
- Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Please refer to the Candidate Information pack attached to this campaign for full and further detail.
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
- Post Qualification Experience of 5 Years + with a recognised professional accountancy qualification from one of the following accountancy bodies:
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy
- Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Chartered Association of Certified Accountants
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland
- Institute of Incorporated Public Accountants
- a recognised equivalent qualification
- Have a minimum or 3 years’ financial management experience in a Finance setting within a large-scale Public or Private entity as relevant to the role.
- Significant management experience in managing a large diverse team.
- Have excellent IT skills including advanced Excel skills.
- Have the requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability and management ability) for the proper discharge of the duties of the office.
- The ability to work independently as well as work with a wider multidisciplinary team in a complex and changing environment.
- Experience of managing and working collaboratively cross functionally with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good character.
Already Registered? Log in here
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application