Grade VII – ICT Service Desk Lead
|Brunel Building, Heuston South Quarter, Dublin 8. With option for blended work arrangements.|
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 27/03/2023||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 09/03/2023|
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for a range of statutory functions including provision of child protection, alternative care, specified regulatory services and a range of family support services. The Agency has commenced a major improvement programme with significant focus on Practice, Culture and Structure.
The Agency currently has responsibility for a budget in excess of €800m and delivers its services through circa 5,000 people in 350 locations across the Country.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
- Child Protection and Welfare
- Family Support
- Alternative Care
- Tusla Education Support Services (TESS)
- Domestic Sexual and Gender Based Violence (DSGBV)
- Children’s Service Regulation
- Counselling and Therapeutic Supports
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
About Tusla ICT
Tusla has one of the largest ICT networks in the Public Service with almost 5,000 users in over 300 locations. Tulsa ICT provide the innovation and systems required to support Tusla in delivering its services and achieving its business and strategic objectives. The ICT team are responsible for delivering the following functions: ICT Networks, Server and Cloud management; Application Development and Support; Data and Information Management; Cyber Security; ICT Service and ICT Programme Management.
Purpose of Role: To lead one or more of the central ICT service desk teams. The Tulsa ICT function provides support for 6,000 internal users as well as a large number of external users accessing Tusla’s public facing Applications.
General ICT support services are delivered by regional ICT Teams providing local end user support such as account management, desktop support, device support, LAN support services. Additionally, central teams provide a range of specific support services, this includes:
- Application help desk team providing support to end users of Tusla’s core business applications such as case management and other systems
- National ICT Service Desk team providing additional cover for the regional support teams
- Delivery of service delivery projects/initiatives
This role will be responsible for leading one or more of the central ICT service desk teams
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead, mentor and develop a team of ICT service desk staff (approx. 7 staff).
- Develop detailed expertise (becoming a subject matter expert) across all technology and apps/systems supported by the team.
- Monitor support ticket queues to ensure excellent service levels are being provided and take corrective actions when required.
- Handle escalated tickets from the team and manage them to resolution.
- Develop service catalogue, standard operation procedures, knowledge bases and other materials to support the smooth operation of the service.
- Monitor and report on the service levels delivered by the team.
- Continuously monitor and deliver ongoing improvement initiatives to enhance service quality and service levels.
- Manage targeted service delivery projects/initiatives.
Relationship Management and Collaboration
- Work closely with colleagues and teams to deliver a quality focused ICT service to all users.
- Works in collaboration with other ICT teams as required to support the transition of new services to the service desk and to assist in the delivery of ICT initiatives as required.
- Manage, mentor and develop the assigned service desk staff.
Health & Safety
- Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Please refer to the Candidate Information pack attached to this campaign for full and further detail.
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
- Have a third level qualification in ICT, Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline.
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in an ICT service related role.
- Have excellent knowledge of the ITIL model, processes and structures with experience in developing service catalogues, standard operation procedures, knowledge bases and other materials to support the smooth operation of the service teams.
- Have excellent hands-on technical expertise and experience in areas such as supporting windows environments, software applications, 0365, Active Directory, end user device support and networking.
- Have excellent customer service and organisational skills.
- The requisite knowledge and ability for the proper discharge of the duties of the office.
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good character.
Already Registered? Log in here
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application