**UPDATED** Grade VIII – Business Manager TESS
|The initial vacancy is in Brunel Building, Heuston South Quarter, Dublin 8. For Tusla Region / Areas please look at list of Local Area Services|
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 03/04/2023||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 16/03/2023|
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for a range of statutory functions including provision of child protection, alternative care, specified regulatory services and a range of family support services. The Agency has commenced a major improvement programme with significant focus on Practice, Culture and Structure.
The Agency currently has responsibility for a budget in excess of €800m and delivers its services through circa 5,000 people in 350 locations across the Country.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
- Child Protection and Welfare
- Family Support
- Alternative Care
- Tusla Education Support Services (TESS)
- Domestic Sexual and Gender Based Violence (DSGBV)
- Children’s Service Regulation
- Counselling and Therapeutic Supports
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
Tusla Education Support Service and the Alternative Education Assessment and Registration Service are funded directly by the Department of Education as per Child & Family Agency (Amendment) Act 2021.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide a high level of Administrative Support and manage interactions between the Office of the Service Director for Tusla Education Support Service and the Tusla Education Support Service Leadership Team, People and Change Directorate and other Directorates of Tusla.
- To support the Service Director for Tusla Education Support Service in his/her role within Tusla Education Support Service and nationally, which includes setting and delivering business plan and strategic actions for the service.
- Lead the day-to-day operations of the National Office for Tusla Education Support Service, including management & supervision of staff where assigned.
- To provide leadership within the Tusla Education Support Service Leadership Team on the development and implementation of systems and processes to manage and track projects and workflows.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on all matters pertaining to the National Office for Tusla Education Support Service, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature.
- Provide leadership and responsibility for the annual and biannual attendance returns from schools and lead the continued development of this process in line with business plan actions.
- To work in conjunction with HR, Finance and other Directorates to ensure good communication and effective working.
- To work in conjunction with the Alternative Education Assessment and Registration Service to ensure coordinated business planning and reporting.
- Prepare reports/presentations as required and follow up on actions as required.
- Assist in the delivery, implementation and monitoring of Tusla Education Support Service contributions to the business and corporate plan including the tracking of actions.
- Compile, organise and analyse data/KPIs and various reports and ensure follow up as appropriate.
- Ensure that Tusla Education Support Service policies and procedures are aligned with best practice, are well documented, complied with and communicated to others.
- To support procurement, tendering and commissioning activities within Tusla Education Support Service.
- To help establish and maintain links between TUSLA and other stakeholders to support service delivery.
- Provide support to Tusla Education Support Service Leadership Team on Risk Management, Incident Management and Service Improvement.
- Provide Leadership and responsibility for Tusla Education Support Service engagement with Estates and ICT.
- Coordinate the responses to PQs, Complaints and FOI & SAR requests.
- To create a positive working environment, which contributes to maintaining and enhancing effective working relationships.
- Undertake projects as delegated by the Service Director for Tusla Education Support Service.
- Coordinate the response to Parliamentary Questions and Representatives.
Standard and Practices
- Maintain own knowledge of relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and practices to perform the role effectively and to ensure standards are met by own team.
- Maintain own knowledge of relevant regulations and legislation e.g. HSE Financial Regulations, Health & Safety legislation, Employment legislation, GDPR and Data Protection Acts 2018, FOI Acts etc.
- Demonstrate pro-active commitment to all communications with internal and external stakeholders.
- Promote and participate in the implementation of any change management programme.
- Manage recruitment, retention and development of staff including training and continual assessment.
- Ensure policies and procedures are well documented and understood by staff within your section who are assigned to you.
- Provide leadership and motivation conducive to good staff relations and work performance.
- Active participation in the Tusla Education Support Service Leadership Team and within the Services & Integration directorate.
- Ensure strong linkages and collaboration with other business management/corporate service functions.
- Be accountable for own work and that of others as appropriate.
- Work on own initiative as well as part of a wider team.
- Deal with under performance in a timely and constructive manner.
Finance and Governance
- Ensure appropriate governance arrangements are in place to meet the needs of the Tusla Education Support Service and the Agency.
- Ensure procurement process are managed and supported in line with requirements.
- Provide overall support to the Tusla Education Support Service Leadership Team on the costing of tendering and the allocation of resources.
- Ensure all policies and controls in place are up to date and operating effectively across the Tusla Education Support Service.
- Manage and coordinate audits and reviews within Tusla Education Support Service.
- Oversee the implementation and application of consistent administrative and document recording systems within the Tusla Education Support Service National Office and provide advice and support to the Tusla Education Support Service Leadership Team in ensuring consistency of approach and uniformity.
Health & Safety
- Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
- Have a third level qualification as relevant to the requirements of the role.
- Minimum of 5 years experience of providing executive support in the management of HR, Finance, Business Planning or similar administrative functions.
- Experience of managing and working collaboratively with multiple internal and external stakeholders to achieve results.
- Demonstrate excellent MS Office skills to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Have the requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability and management ability) for the proper discharge of the duties of the office.
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good character.
Already Registered? Log in here
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application