Deputy Regional Manager – Children's Residential Services South
|Ferryhouse, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary|
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 03/04/2023||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 16/03/2023|
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for a range of statutory functions including provision of child protection, alternative care, specified regulatory services and a range of family support services. The Agency has commenced a major improvement programme with significant focus on Practice, Culture and Structure.
The Agency currently has responsibility for a budget in excess of €800m and delivers its services through circa 5,000 people in 350 locations across the Country.
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
- Child Protection and Welfare
- Family Support
- Alternative Care
- Tusla Education Support Services (TESS)
- Domestic Sexual and Gender Based Violence (DSGBV)
- Children’s Service Regulation
- Counselling and Therapeutic Supports
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide support to the Regional office and to create and maintain a safe, caring and stable environment for the young people placed in the service.
- To ensure that all required documentation is in place in line with Regional Protocols and procedures, policies & relevant legislation.
- Ensure policies/protocols are implemented and monitored regularly in respect of every of every young person placed in the service on an ongoing basis.
- To ensure the Regional office are aware of and adhere to their contractual obligations to Tusla Child and Family Agency.
- To support private providers to comply with the Child and Family Agency Admissions and Discharge Policy and in line with the Private Providers contractual agreement.
- Be ever vigilant in the protection of high standards in all aspects of practice and services delivered to children and families, the working environment and the wider organisation.
- Establish staffing and decision-making structures and practices in line with the practice of good governance, for example, clarity regarding decision-making protocols and authorities.
- Ensure staff are supported to understand the importance of governance. Assist staff to develop attitudes and practices supportive of good governance so that it becomes hallmark of the service e.g., accurate and comprehensive record keeping.
- Be proactive in the governance, management and oversight of the identified risks and risk escalations.
- To assist Tusla Legal Teams on placement related issues in court proceedings.
- To participate in the on-going planning and strategic development of the Child and Family Agency Children’s Residential Services.
- To be responsible for the appropriate use of resources within the service.
- Be focused in always seeking opportunities to continuously improve the services provided to children and families.
- To provide such reports and statistics as required to the Regional Manager (or other specified persons) as required in relation to the work of the Regional Team.
- Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the building, furnishings, and equipment.
- To adhere to Fire Safety Requirements as specified by the local fire safety authority and the Child and Family Agency Fire Safety Officer.
- To ensure compliance in the unit with the provisions of the Health, Safety and Welfare at Work Act, (1989) and other relevant legislation.
- Responsible for the identification of staffing requirements in the recruitment, selection and appointment of service /Team management and staff.
- Such other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Senior Manager (or other specified person)
2. Financial Management:
- To manage the budget for the service, in compliance with approved budgetary procedures, and to ensure that optimum benefit is achieved from available resources.
- To ensure that expenditure in the service is controlled within agreed cash limits and in
- compliance with approved procedures.
- To liaise with Child and Family Agency Finance Department and provide input information and statistics as required for oversight on financial payments to Private Providers.
- To maintain such records as are required by the Child and Family Agency, or the Minister for Children to ensure that such records are at all times available for inspection by an authorised officer.
- Proficient Knowledge and experience in the use of PowerPoint, excel, word and other similar software.
- To ensure that appropriate financial information for the service is provided to the Senior Manager (or other specified person).
3. Staff / Relationship Management:
- To manage, lead, support and supervise Regional Team staff and others as they are assigned.
- To manage designated staff resources ensuring that staff levels and skills mix are appropriate and within the resource allocation.
- To identify in consultation with the Regional Team the training and development requirements for the service.
- To ensure staff records are maintained within guidelines laid down by the Child and Family Agency and the DCYA.
- To participate in relevant professional development and training programmes.
- To attend and participate fully in professional supervision with the Senior Manager.
To maintain a lead relationship with the regional departments which oversees and is supportive of their efforts to deliver safe and effective services that are in accordance with service agreements in place.
Health & Safety
- Comply with and contribute to the development of policies, procedures, guidelines and safe professional practice and adhere to relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the service for example National Standards for Child Protection and Care and comply with associated Tusla – Child and Family Agency protocols for implementing and maintaining these standards as appropriate to the role.
- To support, promote and actively participate in sustainable energy, water and waste initiatives to create a more sustainable, low carbon and efficient health service
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Please refer to the Candidate Information pack attached to this campaign for full and further detail
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
i) Ordinary Bachelor's Degree in Childcare awarded by a recognised body (Level 7 on the National Framework of Qualifications) or the National Diploma in Childcare awarded by HETAC / DIT.
ii) Ordinary Bachelor’s Degree in Applied Social Care Studies awarded by a recognised body (Level 7 on the National Framework of Qualifications) or the National Diploma in Applied Social Care Studies awarded by HETAC / DIT.
iii) Ordinary Bachelor’s Degree in Social Care awarded by a recognised body (Level 7 on the National Framework of Qualifications) or the Diploma in Social Care awarded by HETAC / DIT.
iv) Diploma in Applied Social Studies / Social Care from DIT.
v) Ordinary Bachelor's Degree in Social Care Practice awarded by a recognised body (Level 7 on the National Framework of Qualifications).
vi) Ordinary Bachelor's Degree in Applied Social Studies (Disabilities) awarded by a recognised body (Level 7 on the National Framework of Qualifications) or the National Diploma in Applied Social Studies (Disabilities), The Open Training College (HETAC Accredited).
vii) an equivalent social care qualification from another jurisdiction.
A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a Social Care Manager Grade in a Children’s Residential Centre as relevant to the role
The requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability and ability) for the proper discharge of the duties of the office.
A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good character.
Already Registered? Log in here
Join our Careers Portal + submit your application